1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

looking to buy a new internal hard drive.

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by sinarades, Feb 11, 2007.

1. sinarades

sinarades Regular member

Hi iam looking to buy a new internal hard drive for my computer. Right now i dont know what kind of hard drive i have but it has around 13 gb of free space on it and i wanted to have more free space around in the 50 or 60 of gb free space on my computer to store my files. I was looking on best buys website and i looked under hard drives and i found this harddrive for 69.99

http://www.bestbuy.ca/catalog/proddetail.asp?logon=&langid=EN&sku_id=0926INGFS10083157&catid=20240

It says 200gb hard drive does that mean it has 200gb of free space on it or no? Can someone help me out. Thanks.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2007
  2. nasayin

nasayin Regular member

Yes that hard dive has 200gb of free space

3. sinarades

sinarades Regular member

do u think it is a good deal i only have $90.00 canadian saved up.

4. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

5. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

My advice get the biggest you can afford you'll be suprised how quickly you can fill it up...lol...

mind you i'm a bit of a horder

You'll lose a few GB for system use,you'll need to partition it before it gets recognised by the comp tho you'll be able to see it it in "computer management" and can make it into a partition from there,i personally would use ghost and copy your original hdd data to it that way you'll have a working copy of your system in case of virus or hardware probs,bear in mind when imaging you have to clone the whole of the primary hdd (copy all partitons)or the receiving hdd won't be bootable

tools i use for disc imaging,both are safe & easy to use
    norton partition magic v8.0
    norton ghost 2003 (comes seperate or included in norton system works std or professional 04-07),you could pick up a 2nd hnd copy of system wrks pretty cheap i would guess,below is a link that specialses in all things ghost and can help you out it's saved my bacon on more than one occasion

http://radified.com/cgi-bin/YaBB/YaBB.cgi

Before imaging do a registry clean & defrag.