1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

looking to get a new mp3 player

Discussion in 'Portable audio players' started by KaiserZr, Oct 3, 2008.

1. KaiserZr

KaiserZr Member

ok my zune just died today (no joke I was listening to music, went to switch to another song...then it froze and now it won't come on whether it is plugged in to my computer or not...) so I am looking for a new mp3 player.

I am open to all companies and all sizes above 4GB. I would like something supports a large variety of music and video filetypes...and is has a good eq (multi-band graphical or parametric recommended), also something that my computer can recognize as a portable drive (without messing with my registry). I read somewhere sony has a good one. Any other suggestions?

2. MrPuffin

MrPuffin Regular member

i would suggest ipods best support if it does fail like that and its reliable and has a resonable price to capacity

nanos
    8gb $150
    16gb $200

touch
    8gb $220
    16gb $300

classic
    120gb $250

3. NRL619

NRL619 Member

Yeah I would suggest getting an ipod or regular mp3 player from an electronics store.My advice,don't get chinese mp4 players from ebay,as you will regret it.

4. Mez

Mez Active member

There seems to be a rash of Zunes dying maybe a bad update. Apparently, it has something to do with high bit rate files but I can't remember more. I have not heard a fix for them once they are toasted. When it died I bet you were playing or about to play a high fidelity audeo.

Even though I often disagree with Mr Puffin, I like the wording of his reply. I have to agree with him. Apple does have the best support. Their prices are competitive. I would go with an open box nano. They have about the same warentee as a new one. They are solid state so I figure the returns have more to do with the user than the device. That is the only way I know to get a 8 g for $150. You can find them using google shoping. If I am wrong, I am sure I will be corrected. I have not shopped for an ipod in a few months.

I have seen way too many complaints about the disked ipods. If you go that route keep it under warentee.

Again, avoid Chipods. One of these days no name Chinese made mp4s will be the way to go but not now. This year they seem to be more expensive and last more than a week. I do not know it they will last for a month yet. They are throw away if you have a problem.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2008
  5. MrPuffin

MrPuffin Regular member

glad to see that you hate me but love me at the same time

6. Mez

Mez Active member

You have me wrong. I don't hate anyone on this board. We just offen differ on opinions. They are just that. Mine is really no more valid than yours. You do your homework, are fairly articulate and have a good head on your sholders. I respect that. What can tick me off is getting into an argument with a moron. I prefer intelligent reparte if there is a difference in opinion.

Even though I don't like Apple I will not deny the ipod is a quality device. They do not make them like they used to but then who does?

I don't like Apple but I have recomended a Mac for my brother. Just because something does not work for me does not mean it is a bad choice for everyone.

Where did you find the nanos for those prices? I am advising my sister in law. I recommended a 4 G sansa for $45+$15 for an extended wareentee. Money is tight but she might spring for 4g nano. I prefer ipods because my audio manager syncs play lists well. All my syncing is done at the play list level.

7. MrPuffin

MrPuffin Regular member

the hate was kinda how you say you disagree with my opinions some times

but i found the nanos for that price at the apple store and on apple.com