1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking to get a new phone, never actually in the "loop."

Discussion in 'Android Phones' started by WW3, Feb 29, 2012.

1. WW3

WW3 Regular member

So, I've started college and plan on getting my first real cell phone, preferably android and on the sprint network(but will settle for Verizon). I've never actually gotten involved in the phone scene, but thought I would probably need it eventually. Does anyone know if sprint (or Verizon) is carrying a quad-core phone yet? I thought, if I'm going to pay for this I might as well keep ahead of the curve and future proof "while I can". Any suggestions?

2. blowe3711

blowe3711 Member

Samsung galaxy s3, Ive per-ordered.

Currently using the HTC thunderbolt (rooted)

Verizon network..But I cant say I'm a Verizon fan, It drives me mad how they treat people :x But Verizon has the best 4g

3. mike.m

mike.m Regular member

Picked up the HTC One S about two months ago. I don't see myself upgrading for many years. It's one of the thinnest phones out, feels great in hands, has dual core S4 Snapdragon, anything over that for a phone is overkill.

Battery life is better than most phones out there, I can get about 2-3 days use without charging, while using the phone heavily.

Haven't tested the GS3 yet, it looks freaking huge and I really didn't like the feel of the GS2. You can't go wrong with the One S. My only complaint is that there's no SD card slot.

4. deadpixel1

deadpixel1 Newbie

Galaxy S3, and iPhone., Okay iPhone 5 is dual core BUT benchmark tests put it nearly on par with Galaxy S3 due to the new A6 chipset.