1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem Looking to replace Windows 7 with Windows XP

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by oppie2, Jul 4, 2020.

1. oppie2

oppie2 Newbie

I have a 64 bit HP Desktop with Windows 7 which I want to replace with Windows XP. (I also have two laptops, one with windows 7 and the other with windows 10). I want to change from Windows 7 to Windows XP in the 64 bit HP Desktop because I have software and well as older but top of the line printers and scanners don't work at all on Windows 10 and which were very glitchy on Windows 7 ... but they all worked perfectly on XP. I've used HP's recovery discs before but I've never tried to change the operating system (but there is a good tutorial video on YouTube which seems idiot proof ... though I must admit, I've said that before with some nasty consequences!) Toward this end, any advice is appreciated but I'm hoping a more knowledgeable person would kindly check out these links and let me know if either of these XP installation discs would work to replace and install XP on my HP Desktop with Windows 7; both are 64 bit and both have viable product keys but beyond that, I'm uncertain what to look for. Thanks for the help!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/323469227888?ul_noapp=true

https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Window...057680?hash=item2625084ad0:g:UBIAAOSw905dXznf

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

make & model# of the HP desktop to see what you have & to see what xp drivers are available for it?

3. aldan

aldan Active member

xp 64 bit was short of drivers when it was introduced let alone support for what i suspect is newer hardware.if i may ask,what is the reason for the return to xp?

4. wither 1

wither 1 Regular member

Have you ever tried running the software in Win 10 by changing the compatibility mode of the .exe files to Vista or XP? One of the big deals Microsoft made for Win 10 is its backwards compatibility, in regards to software. You can do the same thing in Win 7.

You might even be able to install the software for some of your hardware that way.

5. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

He was meaning 32bit xp on a 64bit hp pc

aldan likes this.
  6. aldan

aldan Active member

ah,i see.