1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

looping dvd copy

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by ron45434, Apr 14, 2005.

1. ron45434

ron45434 Guest

I've had this happen x2 now I rip my dvd using dvd shrink then burn with copy dvd to dvd (full back up). I play the copy and it gets stuck, loops at the same spot over and over (palys 10/15 sec of the same seen). Can not fast forward or skip, nothing just keeps looping over and over.
    Any Help? Thanks

2. squizzle

squizzle Active member

I'm guessing it's your media's fault. What kind are you using? You can download a program called DVD Identifier that will tell you who actually manufactured your disc (the brand name on the disc is not necessarily the manufacturer).

3. ron45434

ron45434 Guest

thanks It has happened with two different types one HP R\W and one Hypermedia -R. I have used both with XCopy and they worked okay? Anyother idea?

4. squizzle

squizzle Active member

Well, I must say that I am strongly opposed to khpermedia. I got 20 for Christmas one year and ended up with 20 coasters.

Never used HP media. I use Ritek G04, which are 4x DVD-R. Many others use this brand and even more use Taiyo Yuden media. Good sites to find these on are supermediastore.com, rima.com.

Good luck!

5. ron45434

ron45434 Guest

Thanks for your help. I'll give them a try