1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lord of the rings extended version

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by gwoo, Nov 16, 2003.

1. gwoo

gwoo Member

Hi,

has anyone tried to backup the movie discs from the extended versions yet (either from Fellowship or Two towers).

I am just wonder if each discs can fit onto one dvd5 (as each disc is around 1 hour 40 minutes).

Just asking

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

I backed up the Extended Version of the Fellowship of the Ring and I put Both Disks on one DVD-R, But I did it useing a Manual Backup method not useing DVD shrink or DVD2One or any Programs Like that....You Can Probably do it useing DVD Shrink getting each disk on a DVD5 without any problem....Cheers_X_X_X_X_X_[small]It"s better to be Pissed Off than Pissed On!!![/small]

Last edited: Nov 17, 2003
  3. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

Quick question as I have yet to take a look at my roomie's copy (which he, being a fanatic, ran out at damn near midnight to get).. what is the media type? Are they still using DVD+R? (they did for extended fellowship).

4. Minion

Minion Senior member

Well the Version they sell in Canada is on a regular retail DVD9 like most Retail DVD"s...The First Disk is the Extended Version of the movie and the second disk has special features and some extra scenes and the Makeing of and interviews ECT.

5. gwoo

gwoo Member

if you backed it up then you would know the exact size of the movie (uncompressed) with just the AC3 audio.

I am just wondering if I would be able to copy each disc onto two standard DVD-Rs without compressing.

Thanks

6. vurbal

vurbal Administrator Staff Member

I've seen a few copies, including my own, of the extended FOTR, and they're all standard DVD-9. Since each disc for the movie is over 4.37GB I don't see how they could do that anyway.

7. gwoo

gwoo Member

I am betting that the new extended version of LOTRs uses dvd9s however, that being said I remember this movie having three different audio tracks and a bunch of other stuff on each disc. If you get rid of all the audios except english DTS I am wondering if each can disc can then fit on a dvd-r

8. vurbal

vurbal Administrator Staff Member

The FoTR Extended Edition discs are too big for uncompressed copies, even when you remove all the extra audio and subtitles, and the TT Extended Edition is longer, so I'd say you'll have to compress to copy to the same number of discs.