1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lost disk and code

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by 99masond, Jan 12, 2006.

1. 99masond

99masond Member

Yeah I know piracy ant cool this will probably be hard to believe I know I wouldn’t believe it but I used to have it had to reboot my computer so lost it was planing to reinstall it with the disk and the code but I cant find the box with the disk and code on it and that software was expensive to so I downloaded the trial version and was thinking about using my friends code so you think it would be a bad idea I started up a thread about it before I got a chance to reply to it got closed do you think if I email the software company they may send me a new number the only thing is that I did not register the software do you think that could be a problem.

2. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

If you can show some sort of proof of purchase they can possibly help you depending upon the software company and product involved. Your case is one good example of why one should register a program when you buy it because they would keep a record of your number and could retrieve it for you from their records. I assume that when you "rebooted" your computer you formatted your hard drive and erased everything from it? If not then try this to get your code/serial number,download "belarc advisor", or Google it. That is a free program that will tell you everything about your puter, including all registration numbers (even your windows serial no.) plus more. Your "found" serial number should work with the downloaded trial version. Hope that this helps somewhat. Just out of curiosity, which program did you lose?

3. 99masond

99masond Member

eh Its Dreamweaver