1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lost Folders

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by mel1234, Dec 4, 2007.

1. mel1234

mel1234 Member

Hi, can anyone help me. Was organising a friends computer and put all her work invoices into a folder then dragged the folder to my usb memory stick. Now the folders have seemed to be gone from the computer and dont seem to be on my usb either. Im in a panic as she needs the info. Can nyone help me....Please....

2. attar

attar Senior member

Are you absolutely sure that the folder was not dropped into another folder in error.
    Do a search for one of the files or the folder name.

3. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

shold have done a copy & paste because when dragged from pc to usb or whatever, it is no longer on the pc. as attar suggested, do a search especially on the usb stick.

4. attar

attar Senior member

I can drag a folder to another volume and the source is unchanged.
    On the other hand, it's easy to drag a folder into a wrong destination folder on the same volume and wonder why it never appeared in the assumed destination.
    In that case the folder is gone from the original location - but it's just misplaced.

On the surface the poster is saying that during a drag and drop, the original file was deleted (which is not normal) and the destination (the drop) is empty!

5. mel1234

mel1234 Member

Tried the search, didnt locate the folders. Ran a free recovery program, they come up but seemed to be scrambled. My daughter told me after to copy and paste them. The only other problem computer has major issues, if you open more than 1 program it has a heart attack and runs as slow as a wet week.

6. jasonfran

jasonfran Member

You could try using Get Data Back by Runtime software. Have had numerous successes with this software but it does cost :-( unless you already have a "legitimate" copy that you could use (google is your friend of course).

7. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member