1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lost hard drive memory

Discussion in 'CD-R(W) Media' started by djmaskell, May 15, 2007.

1. djmaskell

djmaskell Member

Hi All, I wonder if anyone can give advise on this matter. I have been using sonic recordnow for about a year, no problems until I used a Tesco DVD-R. I use the exact copy option as I only have a dvd rewriter drive (NEC 3500AG), it read the original disc, asked for me to put blank DVD-R in drive, then it said it cannot write to blank media please try another disc, tried another disc (tesco DVD-R) same thing. I then thought I would cancel the option and try at a later date, so I did and exited sonic recordnow, and now I have lost 4gb on my hard drive. I have looked everywhere I can think of on my hard drive (temp folder, sonic folder, but just cant find where the 4gb has gone. Anyone got any suggestions?

2. attar

attar Senior member

If it read the original disk and the files are not in the Sonic Now folder then do a start > search > all files and folders > for *.VOB or *.mpg and see if it turns up.

3. djmaskell

djmaskell Member

Hiya, thanks for your comments. I have tried searching but still can not find the files. I also serach for files bigger than 1mb, nothing came up. Do you think I should contact sonic?

4. attar

attar Senior member

5. djmaskell

djmaskell Member

Hiya I tried Ccleaner and no joy there. Ive tried unstalling / reinstalling sonic and still not letting me have back my 4gb :-(
    I thinking of changing my hard drive or maybe PC soon as I find most programs now need a lot of resources and my 20gb hard drive is not enough anymore. I might do a complete reinstall of windows XP and then sell it. Cheers for your post, much appreciated