1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

lost HD space after using dvd2one

Discussion in 'DVD2One forum' started by hoover018, Oct 14, 2005.

1. hoover018

hoover018 Member

I'm having a problem where after I've compressed my DVD files with DVD2oneX and burned the DVD with Toast, I trash the compressed files, but I don't get all my space back on my hard drive. There's usually about 70-120Mb of space that doesn't come back after I empty the trash. I've tried doing 'secured empty trash', but that made no difference. Has anyone else had this problem or know how to get the space back? I also had a similar problem with DVDbackup, but I'm now using MacTheRipper without any problems. I appreciate any advice!

2. hoover018

hoover018 Member

Sorry all, but I think I'm wrong about losing space from DVD2oneX, but I am still not able to recover the space, i.e. approx. 70Mb for each DVD I ripped, from DVDBackup. So, if anyone has any ideas where I should look, please let me know!

3. thelox714

thelox714 Regular member

what version of dvd2OneX do you have?

i've been using it for a while and havent had that issue...

rip with MTR then compress with dvd2OneX... burn with toast..

you can do that or rip with mtr then use toast 7.. has popcorn built in where you can choose main movie.. or full disk.. but you are going to get better compression with dvd2OneX...

and next time.. we do have a mac section in aD.. there is another site that is geared more to macs..

http://forums.afterdawn.com/forum_view.cfm/56

rip different..

http://ripdifferent.com/phpbb2/index.php

hope that helps

4. hoover018

hoover018 Member

Thanks thelox714. It is acually DVD backup that is causing me to lose the space, not DVD2oneX. I am now using MTR and DVD2oneX with no loss of space. But if you have any ideas about where I that previous space went when I was ripping with DVD backup, I'd definitely like to know.

I'll repost on the mac area of after dawn.