1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

lost movie channles on ntl ?

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by matty_22, Jun 7, 2007.

1. matty_22

matty_22 Member

hi all am new to this i recently brought a chipped ntl box from my girlfriends brother its one of the old black ones i set it up and it was working fine until a while later it upgraded it self to virgin media now i cant access any movie channles as when i press the red button to enter the code it comes up loading for bout 5 mins then just disapears and nothing happens now this happens with every channle that u may have to press red to view or any other things am told this has happened to everyone and this is something ntl has done now has this happened to any one else and is there a way around it ??

2. matty_22

matty_22 Member

any 1 ?

3. matty_22

matty_22 Member

no one have any info on this ?

4. matty_22

matty_22 Member

do i have to have a certin amount of posts for some one to be able to help me ? or is it just no one knows about this ?

5. ryanmg

ryanmg Guest

people can reply.

6. Veng

Veng Member

Hi if you mean the old jerold black boxes, they can only pick up a set amount of channels from years ago, and you cant scan for new 1s, there is no way around this, i would upgrade to a starview box personly or a d-box if there still not as dear.

7. matty_22

matty_22 Member

nah its not the old boxes as i have every channle and did have movie channles b4 my gf brother says its happened to his and he has the blue and silver boxes

8. steveand

steveand Member

yeah m8,in same boat here,got chipped ntl box and all gone off too,read on this forum about codes to starveiw,but wot about ntl?the remote control is different after brining up the parental guide,anyone out there help???would be well useful thanx all..steve.

9. matty_22

matty_22 Member

its not gone off as such i can still view the faimley movie channle and when it goes onto another movie channle i can still see where it says bout the raiting ect but when i press red it just stays on loading for ages and does nothing its the same for all the adult channles aswell which is very annoyeing lol

10. steveand

steveand Member

hey mattie,can you get any cards to go in front of the box,ive got 1,but live southampton way and they all gone off round here

11. steveand

steveand Member

i really want to know if there,s any way of fixing ntl box by using the remote the same way as starveiw type boxes or will have to try to purchase a new card,from wich i dont know where to start from as originall source has since moved on....any replies or help with card would be very muchly appreicated,plus stop the kids whinging..thanks

12. steveand

steveand Member

any help please?