1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

lost my file in CD-R

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by hijran, Feb 26, 2005.

1. hijran

hijran Member

hello : I am not sure i post this thread in right form or not ? If i am doing misstake, I am sorry.
    I had some files in my CD-R and i wanted to add two other file, before i see the size ( idiot me) I added two other file on CD, but i lost my other files, which i am sure it overwrite..Is there anyway that i can find it back ? one of those files ( Symantec Antivirus ) is already in my computer, how i can back up this software to have it in a CD. Thanks

2. lumbjack

lumbjack Member

hi there

ok to make things clear: you previously burned a cd-r with some files. then you added files and now the previously burned files are missing?
    what software did you use for burning?
    normally you can burn files and later on add other files without overwriting the previosu ones. as far i know you cannot overwrite files on a cd-r. files on a cd-r cannot be removed or change, as much as i know.
    and for the symantec antiviurs, i do not think you can just burn the fiels on cd to make a back-up, you'd rather need the original symantec cd and backup that one.
    hope i've helped you

3. hijran

hijran Member

Hi dear : thans for your respond..I did not burn files in CD_R..I just send files in CD and then just click to write it..but when i did the new files now i don't see the old one..and i see the size of cd is show me FULL..so wher the OLD FILES gone ? i have no idea..if u or any one else can help me plz..thank you.

4. lumbjack

lumbjack Member

ok try this:

go here http://www.smart-projects.net/isobuster/
    and download isobuster
    install the program, put in your cd and open isobuster. if there are files on your cd isobuster will locate them an di fyou are lucky, you may be able to copy them back onto your harddisk an burn them again, properly.
    it worked for me but it's not a garantee.
    have you tryed inserting the cd-r into another drive than your burner?
    if these two ways bring no succes, i don't know what more you could do. good luck

5. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

I think what he's saying is that he was going to let Windows burn the disc for him, and he had files waiting to be burned, but when he moved some other files, the old ones deleted.

Try seeing if they're still in: "C:\Documents and Settings\Admin\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\CD Burning" and see if they're still there.

6. hijran

hijran Member

Hello : Thank youuuu soo much..thank you very very much my friends..Yes it worked fine and successfully i got back the lost file by using Isobuster..Once again thank you soo much..Ohh by the way, yes i went to CD Burning floder in Application date..but the files wasn't there..Thanks my friends..appriciated