1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lost n alone need help???

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by shmittyz, Jun 25, 2007.

1. shmittyz

shmittyz Guest

I have an X-box but I'm not able to find splinter cell, 007: AUF or Mechassualt... Is there any other means of Softmodding? If so point me in the direction I can figure out and tutorial I find. I just need to know if the soft modding has come further then just those select games... Or am I at a loss?

2. cakes227

cakes227 Guest

just go to game stop, or ebay and buy it, or rent it from blockbuster but make sure it is an original.

3. locobrown

locobrown Regular member

try amazon.com

4. shmittyz

shmittyz Guest

see thats the problem I live in that very secluded part of nowhere, so finding some games is almost impossible. As far as the net goes, if it's anything that requires check debit or credit i'm screwed lol. I don't have the best of credit, kinda messed up early and now I'm working my way out of debt. Blockbuster is a good chance but it's like a half hours drive from where I live, and I think their starting to get rid of most of their xbox games to make way for the next gen consoles.

5. cakes227

cakes227 Guest

game fly has a one month free trial you could use that to rent one.

6. shmittyz

shmittyz Guest

well I managed to get splinter cell today, now just to get the mod done... I got it new from a little store here, well not new accually. It was the original case, but it was still wrapped and had the Microsoft Certification sticker on the package... k well ima try this out now

7. cakes227

cakes227 Guest

good luck

8. shmittyz

shmittyz Guest

okay now I can't get the files over to my mem card.. I can't even get my own saves from my pc to mem card... it says the USB device failed to Enumerate? and it keeps showing unknown title, unknown name on mem card... I don't know whuts wrong or whut to do?

9. cakes227

cakes227 Guest

yea i heard about that hapening, im not sure if this will work but its worth a try,it may be a little hard to follow but here you go, get a program called usbview and find your mem card in it, it should say device connected-usb storage device or something like that, then go to the right side and find two things, one says idproduct and the other idvendor and copy the last four didgits of the number to the right of it and paste them in word and keep track of which is which, now go to c/program files/date/actionreplayxbox or whatever and open xbreader. and under [_Devices] look at the end of each row and see if there is one that your idproduct matches pid and idvendor matches vid and if not copy over the first one replacing just the four numbers after pid and vid. this tutorial may help. http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/501869 sorry if that is realy cunfusing.

10. shmittyz

shmittyz Guest

I checked it and it' right??? I dunno whut else to do

11. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

12. shmittyz

shmittyz Guest

Can you FTP to an un-modded Xbox from PC? If that doesn't work then that Tutorial won't work either. I hope this works, if so then it will be cake to get this finished!

13. cakes227

cakes227 Guest

no u can't ftp tp an unmodded xbox

14. shmittyz

shmittyz Guest

could it be that I have a MadCatz controller and not a microsoft Xbox controller?

15. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

16. shmittyz

shmittyz Guest

see I can't get the save onto my controller mem card or Xbox yet, so I can't get to that point in the soft mod yet.. So I can't FTP, I'm pretty much screwed right now... I'm thinking of just getting ARmax from the website with the USB docking unit b/c as far as controllers go I'm not gonna tear apart my cables for it. I had a USB hub that has ports for Xbox, PS2, and GC.. that may also be the problem too but I'm not sure?