1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lost Partition 4

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by Moorhill, Feb 5, 2008.

1. Moorhill

Moorhill Member

I have mucked up one Xbox already through modding and thought I had been successful with the latest. It worked well after using xboxhdm 1.9 but I did not back up anyting as I did not know how to use FTP and was going to find out. Turned it on yesterday and got error 21. Tried hotswap using X Box 360 program and while I was building Partition 3 with new dash, the PC faltered and the next I knew was that Partition 4 had disappeared. Obviously the drive will not work without this partition and I do not know how to get it back other than rebuilding using xboxhd. My feeling is that if I do rebuild the drive, which will wipe the hard disk, it will not be built correctly because I do not have the eeprom which I believe would have been in the now non existent Partition 4. Has anyone any ideas please?

2. varnull

varnull Guest

3. Moorhill

Moorhill Member

Thanks for your response. Have got error code 11 and attempted the hotswap going into xboxhd. However, I get the response:-
    "No xbox partition found on dev/hda.
    Drive is not locked but locking is enabled.
    Don't reboot until you have built a working xbox HDD since rebooting will re-lock the drive.
    Press any key to abort the operation"

It does not give me the option to continue and even pressing a key does not always get me back to the menu. Have read your link, thank you, but I am now at a loss as to where to go now. Looks like I've got another dead one!