1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lost Planet- PC game . How on earth do you get this game to work.

Discussion in 'Windows - Games' started by mb423752, Jun 28, 2007.

1. mb423752

mb423752 Guest

I couldn't get the demo or the real game to work and I have all the specs that is needed including a card that supports both 9 and 10 directx. I have tried on a computer running vista and one running xp it won't work. I click on the directx link to open it. It goes to a dos screen for like a second then goes away and does nothing. Please tell me how to make this game work anyone know?

2. josh99

josh99 Regular member

hello there...can you list your specs please.

3. mb423752

mb423752 Guest

500 g hard drive
    8600 graphics card
    2mb ram
    Vista
    Amd 5200 processor

4. reloadSE

reloadSE Regular member

I no this sounds nooby but have you right clicked gone to properties and clicked compatibility and clicked xp? i do that for most of my games and software for vista....

5. DrKePhRiM

DrKePhRiM Member

You only have 2mb of ram? Or did you mean gb? Does gamespot still do that can my machine run it thing? I remember it did it for Oblivion. I would check there.

6. corn

corn Guest

7. DrKePhRiM

DrKePhRiM Member

Thats what the gamspot thing ran on. I guess they dont have one for lost planet yet. Any way heres the system requirements from STEAM:

Minimum: Windows® XP, Intel® Pentium® 4 supporting HT technology or AMD Athlon™ 64 3500+ or greater, 512 MB RAM (Windows XP) / 1 GB RAM (Windows Vista), 8.0 GB free disk space, 640x480 minimum resolution, 256 MB VRAM, DirectX®9.0c / Shader3.0*, NVIDIA® GeForce® 6600 or greater**, DirectSound compatible. DirectX®9.0c, Mouse, Keyboard, Broadband connection (Internet connection required to play.)

Recommended: Windows Vista™, Intel® Core™2 Duo, 1 GB RAM (Windows XP) / 2 GB RAM (Windows Vista), 1280x720 or higher resolution, 256 MB VRAM, NVIDIA® GeForce® 8600 or greater, Gamepad, Xbox 360™ Controller for Windows®

* Operation not assured if VRAM is shared with Main Memory.
    ** NVIDIA® GeForce® 7300 is not supported.

8. john_jaxs

john_jaxs Member

Try the XP crack that can be found on GameCopyWorld under Halo 2 WINXP LOADER.

9. john_jaxs

john_jaxs Member

Sorry wrong thread

10. handsom

handsom Regular member

I normally refrain from thread hijacking, but this one looks done, and I hate to start a brand new thread if I don't need to.

First off - I am aware that the 7300 cards are not officially supported, and I plan to upgrade, but I'm on a tight budget, and I don't know when that's going to happen.

I've been able to get a decent 60fps out of the game, by turning down the resolution, and most of the settings, save a couple. I don't *like* it, and it isn't pretty to look at, but it moves nicely.

My problem is that I'm seeing a diagonal line through the screen, that appears whenever I am outside, it particularly seems to be 'cutting' through the fog/snow/wind effects when I am outdoors.

Since I don't know *when* my video upgrade will happen, I need to figure out what's causing this problem, any help is appreciated. The problem happens in the updated version or the regular version(Which *did* improve my framerate a bit, thankfully).

Any help is greatly appreciated.

System:
    -AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core, cores running at 2ghz(Sorry, I don't recall the formal AMD rating it sold under, but these are the ACTUAL specs)
    -1.5gb DDR400Mhz ram
    -BFG GeForce 7300GT OC with 256mb ram, this is the only 7300 model, to my knowledge to have GDDR3 ram, for a little extra speed. (Because this card is OC'd STOCK, I have an extra fan blowing directly at it, to combat heat issues)
    -Sound Blaster Audigy 2(Hey, at least it takes some of the hurt off my system, by handling the sound for it)
    -120gb ide drive with 8mb buffer, 250gb sata drive with 16mb buffer. Both drives have a locked amount of virtual memory, which has been tested with several benchmarks, to provide the best performance.

Both drives are defragmented regularly, and I do not leave any extra process such as office tools, messengers, or anything other than my antivirus running while I play.

Here are the images, you can see a line going from the lower left to the upper right. I have not experienced this in any other games, this is with the DX9 version, since my machine does not support DX10.

Thank you all for your assistance!

http://s9.photobucket.com/albums/a71/rickianblaster/?action=view&current=untitled.jpg

http://s9.photobucket.com/albums/a71/rickianblaster/?action=view&current=untitled2.jpg