1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LOTR - FOTR

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by clintgeek, Aug 30, 2003.

1. clintgeek

clintgeek Member

I use DVDShrink to rip Title 2 only and pull all subs and extra languages. I use Pinnacle Instant Disk to burn the resulting VIDEO_TS to a disk. On Lord of the Rings - Fellowship of the rings all burns well but when playing back I get this sort of movie credits running along the top of the screen periodically through the movie. Anyone come across this yet?

2. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

I did it ages ago and never had anything like this. Did you make sure to get the main movie only, no subs, etc.. sounds etc.. What version of shrink are you using?

3. clintgeek

clintgeek Member

I figured it out. Title 1 and Title 2 are the exact same size, and watching it in the little preview box title 2 appeared to be widescreen and title 1 anamorph. Turns out my assumption was wrong. Title 1 is widescreen, Title 2 is also widescreen but has the funky titles at the top that I previously described. I went back and re-ripped the movie's title 1 and all went well. It is nice to be able to back up these expensive movies! I already ruined a backup of another movie by scratching it, glad it was only the backup! Thanks for your help, I love this forum!

4. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

No probs, though you helped yourself more than we did! ;-)