1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Loudest Possible Head Phones

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by ikillau, Mar 22, 2007.

1. ikillau

ikillau Guest

Does any one know the brand of loudest possible head phones? not most expensive like boses or nothing , my sony ones arent doing the job for me ,

2. Indochine

Indochine Regular member

ikillau, I am being serious here. Be careful you don't damage your hearing! Sydney's National Acoustic Laboratories found a quarter of personal music system users in a random sample listened to music at dangerous volumes.

The Who guitarist Pete Townshend has warned music fans against potential hearing damage caused by headphones as portable players become more popular.

The 60-year-old said studio headphones caused his hearing problems, rather than playing loudly on stage.

"I have unwittingly helped to invent and refine a type of music that makes its principal proponents deaf," Townshend wrote on his website.

"My intuition tells me there is terrible trouble ahead."

Using headphones at a sufficiently high volume level can cause temporary or permanent hearing impairment or deafness due to an effect called "masking." The headphone volume has to compete with the background noise, especially in excessively loud places such as subway stations, airplanes, and large crowds. This leads to the disappearance of the normal pain associated with higher levels of volumes. Extended periods of the excessively loud volume is extremely damaging.

Some manufacturers of portable music devices have attempted to introduce safety circuitry that limited output volume or warned the user when dangerous volume was being used, but the concept has been rejected by most of the buying public, which favors personal choice of high volume. Koss introduced the "Safelite" line of cassette players in 1983 with such a warning light. The line was discontinued two years later for lack of interest. Sony's AVLS feature corrects differences in track volumes as they are being played.

In Britain, the Apple iPods are “capped” due to an incident where a teenager was hit by a truck while crossing a street because he couldn't hear the truck over the loud music.

Having said all that, it's your hearing that you'll lose. I have found the various Sennheiser models I have had can go loud enough to cause pain. This is natures way of telling you to STOP!

Do you find that you can't hear what people are saying so well these days? You have to turn the TV up? Those headphones seem awful quiet lately?

Please think carefully about what you are doing.

3. ikillau

ikillau Guest

thank you for your concern but i just want the head phone loud enoguh for the whole train to hear them while i hang the head phone around my neck you get me , i dont like to put them in my ear and i wanna hear them while not wearing them

4. The_Fiend

The_Fiend Guest

So you want to annoy the F*** out of other travellers ?
    That changes things... now no one in their right mind will offer you advice.

5. silver112

silver112 Regular member

the more expensive the more louder

6. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

not necessarily true.

ikillau, there are many comfortable variants out there. do you just hate earbuds, or headphones all together? there are large variants that don't even touch your hear,but just use a circle of foam around your hear to seal out all the noise around you.