1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

love is hell

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by Sefiroth, Nov 14, 2004.

1. Sefiroth

Sefiroth Guest

if you agree that love is hell say 'I'

2. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Thats a pretty ridiculous statement

3. andmerr

andmerr Guest

4. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Why is love hell? Only if its a one way system. Love itself, isnt supposed to be hell, its supposed to be amazing. Ok, you love someone, they get rid of you, and you feel a lot of pain. Or they cheat on you, or you love someone you cant have. Thats one-way love.

Love, between two people is not hell....

5. baabaa

baabaa Active member

Nice to hear from you again Mr Oriphus............

It is an emotion, perceived, translated and projected differently by all.
    This emotion can be made up by ALL other emotions and that is why there is such a fine line between love and hate.
    What feels like hell now, is the fact that ALL the emotions that make up your love, have lost their directions and so appear in their raw form.
    This form normally appears as pain, sorrow, self regret, anger and hate.

Time can heal, but never prevent................just make us stronger to deal with it.........

Anyway back to the original question 'I'.

Only until Little Bo Peep shows me her knickers.........then I am back in the game........................

6. andmerr

andmerr Guest

@ Sefiroth : come on man you start a thread with little meaning.Tell us why for you its hell!!!!!

7. pulsar

pulsar Active member

The love I have experienced has been simply wonderful, it can be a double edged sword though.

8. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

What, obviously it not really love if you find it hellish. A true love you will not be complaining about being hellish. If all you are is using for fun, then just go to the stripers. Otherwise in a loving relationship, there is comunication.

I am coming from this as being one in the process of marrage so I do know a loving relationship.

Nice to see you still aroung Oriphus. Two consective days that must be a record.

9. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

lol 3 consequetive days now haha. Nice to see you two guys, Prisoner and BaaBaa. I have struggled for time at all this year. Playing football 5 days a week, at uni, working at my job and spending time with my fantastic new girlfriend (3 months now). Keep taking her to our house on the west coast of ireland over looking thesea. Its so nice, i feel like a lumberjack out cutting down firewood with my axe haha.

I'll try to pop by and say hello every so often. I really dont bother with the DVD R forums, there is so many people there to help now, im not needed ;-) and i havent really changed my methods in about 8 months, no doubt there are new programs and new methods being discussed all the time. I help out a bit in Digital Photography and in the Display section when a Projector question doesnt get answered.

Peace and love to all ;-)
    Chris

10. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

I occasionaly roam around and post little, when ever I see a comment from the old Oriphus, I am quite surprised. But good to see you time to time. Much aggreed about DVD forums, I only see the same thing when ever I look. Should be a big flashin banner that says try a search.

11. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

lol - yeah there sure should be, would make life so much easier for the members who answer all the problems.

I don;t really have much time for Afterdawn these days im afraid, its good for the banter every so often, but alas, with over 7000+ posts on AD, i feel im all posted out lol

12. j2huggar

j2huggar Regular member

Roller coaster is more like it...

13. pulsar

pulsar Active member

I prefer a rollercoaster to a carousel anyday!

14. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

Sefiroth, my wife and I have been married for close to 35 years now. She was 18, and I was 20, when we got married.

Love is not hell, but it is hard to keep that love alive. Communication is the most important part of love, and I am as guilty as most, at failing to do that sometimes.

My wife, however, is real good at it, especially when she has a cast iron skillet in her hands. :)

15. regor

regor Regular member

I agree GrandpaBW, see below.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2004
  16. regor

regor Regular member

My wife and I just celebrated our 28th anniversary, last week. We wed when we were just babbies. We have 3 children: two sons - one at each end, and a daughter in-between. Two of them married: the eldest (who gave us another daughter and a new grandson <grin>) and my daughter who just wed (and gave me another son) this year.

So they are all grown now, Sefiroth, but they were bred, raised and nurtured through the years in love. And the best kind... the love that survives.