1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Low audio

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by galladel, Dec 3, 2004.

1. galladel

galladel Member

For some reason my audio comes out "low" when ever i encode using 128k mp3 is there anyways i can bump up the audio while encoding? im using gordian knott with dvd decrypter and xvid codec

2. The_OGS

The_OGS Active member

When you first make your *.d2v file, using DGIndex, make sure you have audio 'Normalization' ticked.
    Also, under Dolby Digital Decode > Dynamic Range Control, make sure you select at least 'Normal' compression - I recommend 'High' compression for action/adventure movies with lots of gunshots & explosions.
    'Light' compression is appropriate only for musical performance or concert film.
    If you learn to do your audio manually (using the Azid function of BeSweet) you can extract the AC3 to WAV with a 2-pass decompression that will gain the WAV up, to reference -0dB.
    This commonly increases the volume +10-12 or even +15dB.
    The MP3 made from this WAV would then not require further normalization.
    But using GordianKnot, at least you can normalize the MP3 during its creation (better than nothing, and a big improvement) and employ heavy compression.
    They will both help you a lot :)
    Regards