1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

M$ Dash Error 21

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by Nightrida, Sep 7, 2004.

1. Nightrida

Nightrida Member

Hi guys, got a problem, I can't get to M$ Dashboard from Evox, I have been able to but just tried to a few hours ago and I get call for service page with error 21 in the top left corner, any ideas as to what this means and the cause? And a fix to would be great.Thanks very Much.
    N.

2. mess1

mess1 Regular member

3. Nightrida

Nightrida Member

Thank you.

4. yankeered

yankeered Regular member

Tutorial written by : Superfro

Description:
    When you attempt to boot, a 'you need service' message comes up, and has a LED style number on thetop left hand corner. Here is what they mean.

Disclaimer:
    This information is a believed to be correct, should be as close as it gets;
    Also:
    Bootloader stuff you should never see, since if it fails kernel doesn't boot. (thus you see no message)

Code Who sets it - Description

0 - any - No error (duh)

1 - bootldr - Unknown exactly, something to do with checking the motherboard

2 - bootldr - Eeprom check failed

3 - bootldr - ??/not used

4 - bootldr - Ram check failed

5 - kernel - HDD not locked (retail bioses require the hd to be locked)

6 - kernel - Cannot unlock HDD

7 - kernel - HDD timeout

8 - kernel - No HDD found

9 - kernel - HDD parameters (PIO/DMA/or size {debug}, certain size minimum is required for debug)

10 - kernel - DVD timeout

11 - kernel - No DVD Founnd

12 - kernel - DVD parameters (PIO/DMA)

13 - kernel - Dashboard launch fail (due to missing/bad key, or anything else that would prevent it from running) and the dashboard didn't specify why it failed.

14 - dashboard - Error loading dashboard (dashboard generic error)

15 - - ??/not used

16 - dashboard - Other files to do with dashboard / dashboard settings (specific dashboard error)

17 - - ??/not used

18 - - ??/not used

19 - - ??/not used

20 - kernel - The dashboard was attempted to load and failed; It was a cold boot, and the dashboard didn't specify why it failed, but it (for some reason) needed to be noted that the dvd passed the challenge/response authentication

21 - anywhere - This error says that the machine was booted to display a error, basically someone told the machine to reboot (or launch a xbe) with this flag, and the error code just means its been rebooted by the flag

In closing:

21 was the highest number I could find, I dont think anynthing is past that. And for the unknown ones, I couldn't find anyreference to them at all, I don't believe they are used.

Greets to everyone (who is contributing) in the homebrew scene.

5. Nightrida

Nightrida Member

Thanks guys, wanted to let you know I solved the problem, when I first installed Evox I backed my C & E folders to my pc, so after talking to a friend and thinking about I decided to upload my backed up C, and when I rebooted the Xbox everything was as it should be, can get to msdash again.No errors.