1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

M2TS File Tagged With Wrong Length

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by CurtisCan, Nov 27, 2011.

1. CurtisCan

CurtisCan Member

I recorded a gameplay with a Hauppauge HD PVR. The resulting M2TS file is about 8 minutes and change long. However, the file identifies itself as only 19 seconds long. When I play it in Media Player, Nero, etc., the time slider shows only 19 seconds, but the video continues playing with the slider at the full range. The whole video is there, but I cannot use it in my project because Premiere Pro only recognizes the 19 seconds that the file's information says exist.

The video footage is perfect; it's just that it somehow got branded as only 19 seconds long.

Is there a method I can use to correct this so I can edit the file in Premiere Pro?... Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!!

2. attar

attar Senior member

3. CurtisCan

CurtisCan Member

Thanks very much, attar!... As a matter of fact, I was up into the wee hours of the morning this morning, aggravated by this issue, when I also came across a thread recommending MPEG Streamclip. Fortunately, it does, indeed, work, which saved some of my sanity. I was so tired, I forgot to come back here and post that the issue was resolved. Thanks very much for finding that for me, anyway, though!

Cheers,
    -Rusty-