1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

***M3 DS Real Guide*** WIP

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by mr_hanky, Nov 10, 2007.

1. Lutheran

Lutheran Member

Damn echostore.com is pretty fast...i only ordered the M3 DS REAL a few days ago and I got it in the mail today. I will give my review in a few days.

2. woof811

woof811 Regular member

3. SonicMC

SonicMC Member

Kind of a super newbie on this M3 DS Real card. But had a few questions and maybe you could direct me in the correct direction. I purchased the m3 ds real with rumble pack and it doesn't seem to let me play GBA games at all. I have found that there is a separate GBA cart that is needed for GBA playing. I have a original DS, this cart also looks like a DS lite card. So I don't think it will work in my DS either. A long while ago I puchased the EZFA 256mbit or 32 Megabyte GBA cart. This only plays a few games on it at a time and takes forever to put them on. I want to know where I can get a rom of the GBA Expansion cart and see if I can play with the image to get it to work with my EZFA to use it with the M3 DS Real in place of the gba expansion cart. Or if there is a place where I can just purchase the slot 2 GBA expansion cart for the regular DS that would work for me as well

4. Lutheran

Lutheran Member

Yes you definitely need the GBA memory expansion pack to play GBA games using the DS real..dunno if you can buy it seperately or not. Why don't you go to where you bought the real and email them asking if you can send the difference in the money from the bundle you bought so that they can send you that expansion pack? Its worth a shot.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2007
  5. SonicMC

SonicMC Member

www.consolesource.com the place where I purchased it doesn't sell any M3 DS Real, with the GBA expansion cart. www.Devineo.com Sells just the GBA expansion pack but it says it is on preorder. But still the GBA expansion cart they do sell appears to still be a half height GBA lite expansion cart and still wouldn't fit into my regular Nintendo DS. Maybe I'll just have to wait for Devineo to get the GBA-lite expansion cart in stock and in the mean time try to gain enough funds to get a DS Lite, then sell my regular DS. Anyway Lutheran thanks for posting. I appreciate any info I can find.

6. Sickley

Sickley Regular member

hey mr. hanky, nice to see another great m3 guide from ya.
    does the m3 real support nintendos "download and play" or do i have to remove the cart to do such?

7. mr_hanky

mr_hanky Regular member

The M3 supports download play when your sending the game from the M3, download play should work with every game (though I cannot test this)

It sounds like you mean when receiving games, in which case, the M3 itself cannot load them, however you can leave the cart in the DS and it will go to the DS menu first so you can use the DS' download play (however you can set up M3 to go straight to its menu first like the R4 does)

8. L33tallex

L33tallex Member

Guys I have a little problem It's seam that the m3 team as only made a Gb emulator and that's it not taking in cahrge the GBC Could some1 help me ?? i tryed to play zelda oracle of season and it told me that it was only for the game boy color ! :S
    thanks for ur help

9. drew1600

drew1600 Member

Hello, can someone please explain to me the three different M3 Real options:

1) M3 DS Real Rumble Pak Bundle
    2) M3 DS Real Perfect Bundle (Rumble + GBA Expansion)
    3) M3 DS Real Rumble RAM Pak Bundle

- #1 is obvious (includes a Rumble Pak).
    - #2 I believe includes the Rumble Pak and GBA Expansion pak (similar to the EZ 3-in-1 or M3 Perfect)?
    - But what about #3? What is the Rumble RAM Pak? And how is this different from #2?

Hope someone can chime in!

Thanks,
    Drew

10. theADDict

theADDict Member

The Rumble Ram pack contains..
    M3 Real cart.
    Rumble cart.
    Ram cart for browser/internet feature.

Rumble pack - M3 Real and rumble cart.

Perfect pack - M3 Real with Rumble cart and GBA cart.

Hope that helps.
    The EZ flash 3 in 1 has all 3 of the above slot 2 features, rumble, ram, and GBA !!

cheers
    www.AddictSupplies.com

11. D0ughman

D0ughman Member

I have the M3 DS Real and the EZ 3 1n 1 but cannot get the rumble or ram portion to work, but it plays GBA games just fine. Any thoughts?

12. theADDict

theADDict Member

13. D0ughman

D0ughman Member

I am using Rudolph's 3in1 ExpPack but still no luck, L & R buttons switch from PSRAM to NOR, but no rumble or ram feature. I wonder if I didn't just get a bad card.

14. mr_hanky

mr_hanky Regular member

I thought Rudolph's tool didn't support the M3 Real? As it cannot soft-reset back to the menu. You can use Rudolphs program for GBA games but for the Rumble and RAM functions of the EZFlash 3-1 you need to patch each game individually (or wait for someone to program in some soft-reset code for the M3 into rudolphs tool).

I will test if what I'm thinking is right tomorrow (3:40am here and I realllly should go to bed)

15. D0ughman

D0ughman Member

Well if that is the case, how do I patch each game and the internet browser individually, thanks for the help!

16. firaga01

firaga01 Member

I think I have a broken GBA expansion pack or something.

I've scoured the Internet all day trying to find an answer to my predicament. I got the M3 DS Real bundle with the GBA pak, and I've created three folders on my FAT16-formatted cartridge: GBA, NDS and SYSTEM. I drag and drop .nds and .gba games in their respective folders, and when I test the DS games, they all create save games just fine and work marvellously.

I don't know what's wrong with my GBA roms. None of the games I've put on will save. (I've tried Super Mario World, Super Mario Bros. 3, Yoshi's Island, WarioWare, and Donkey Kong Country). In the cases of the mario games, all I get is a "Your data is corrupt" screen and the game will not proceed further.

I know some versions of m3 had you restart the game in order to make a save slot on the microsd cartridge. Well, I checked my cartridge, and after playing a GBA game once, I get a .0 and a .is0 file. However, in the case of Warioware, if I trying pushing the reset switch after the game tries to save, and then run the .gba file again and save again, and then start the game up for a 3rd time, I still cannot access any saved data.

I've also tried using the M3 game manager and written GBA games to the cartridge and formatted them via all three methods (soft, hardware 1, and hardware 2) with no success.

Now, here are some ideas: could ALL my GBA roms be bad? i got them all off Usenet. Some of the Mario games begin with a "GameBoy Player" logo, something I've seen actual counterfeit Mario cartridges do. But I also got all my DS games off Usenet, but those work perfectly.

Could it also be that my GBA cartridge is just screwed up?

Any, and I mean *any* help would be appreciated, guys.

17. jockspud

jockspud Member

My better half was offered some kind of ds lite game disc with a "chip" in it that contained 20 of the latest games on it?? She saw it working - was gonna buy - €100 - anyone know anything about it??

18. MrWitness

MrWitness Member

got my m3real yesterday to evaluate, however my rumble doesn't seem to work.

I get a startling buzz when I power the DS up, but apart from that nothing, even with the games on the rumble-ready list !

19. kudu87

kudu87 Member

just got a m3ds real...its awesome! where would one get skins for the m3-moonshell and where is the folder to store them?

20. nicoj24

nicoj24 Member

Can somebody please help as i have bought a m3ds real & a 4gb micro sdhc card i have loaded the software on but i can't get anymore games on than a 2gb card,if i do the m3ds real changes the game sizes which originally worked to larger sizes & some of the games say 0mb next to them when u select any it just freezes can anyone please help as i wanted the bigger card to hold more games for my kids.Thanks in advance regards nick.