1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

***M3 DS Real Guide*** WIP

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by mr_hanky, Nov 10, 2007.

1. woof811

woof811 Regular member

hello , i have got my m3ds real today it came with the rumble pack .

everything is brill plays games and so on but for some reason the rumble pack dosent do anything , is there any setting ive missed or is it only with specific games that it will work with ?

thanx for your time , woof811.

2. mr_hanky

mr_hanky Regular member

Rumble only works with compatible games, first one I can think of is Metroid Pinball, I don't have a rumble pak to test with my M3 though.

3. spvision

spvision Guest

i am calling my credit card company, refusing payment, blowing the whistle on dealextreme, and buying two US versions from divineo.

4. mr_hanky

mr_hanky Regular member

Why? it's your fault you bought the Chinese version not DealExtremes, I've been watching your pathetic whinge over on DXs forums yet I still decided to help you (unlike the people on your DX post who just laughed at your stupidity).

If anything you could be done for fraud if you get get a refund from the credit card company without returning the M3s first.

5. spvision

spvision Guest

not quite... if you read my tech support thread you would know that there was no denotion of chinese version and i was told specifically it would work in english by tech support.

I was lied to plain and simple and they have already received many complaints about this as I have blown the whistle already.

And don't call me a whiner "Mr Hanky" LOL See you in South Park

6. spvision

spvision Guest

PS what kind of freaking loser named MR Hanky has the nerve to insult ANYONE else for asking legitimate questions. Any time you care to compare IQs... I am here and ready.

Take Care.

7. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

No IQ comparing done here and let's not pick on another members nic.

8. spvision

spvision Guest

he started it... I am ending it.

Plain and simple.

9. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

Didn't sound like ending it to me but anyhow let's all try and be civil.

10. mfpants

mfpants Member

not sure if this is the right place to ask this....but i have a couple questions after receiving my M3 DS Real and reading your tutorial (which was very good btw, thanks)

1. while watching movies thru the media player....i cant get the bottom screen of my DS to shut off/go black. it stays a purple-ish color and is quite bothersome while watching the movie. my old M3 Simply, it would turn off the bottom screen. are there settings to change this on the M3 Real?

2. the software, moonshell, can you use any version? because the version i ran on my M3 Simply was MUCH more basic. all the new color icons and sub menu's....are nice to look at but take a bit longer to navigate thru. is it possible to run older versions of moonshell?
    i tried loading an older version, and it didnt work. is the media player built into the M3 Real?

thanks for any answers.

11. mr_hanky

mr_hanky Regular member

I don't use Moonshell so I am not sure about the purple screen issue.

You should be able to use a 'standard' Moonshell, but you will need to load it from the "My Card" option on the M3 and not the media icon (the M3s Moonshell is built in). Again, as I do not use moonshell I have not tested this.

12. nicoj24

nicoj24 Member

I have noticed there has been a few software updates for the m3 ds real latest is v2.7e does anybody no what the updates are as i at present have v2.7c.Thanks in advance regards nico

13. wilryt2

wilryt2 Member

Hardware:
    NDS Lite
    M3 DS Real (w/ Rumble RAM Pack)
    1GB Kingston MicroSD

Software:
    V2.7e M3 Loader
    DLDI file:
    R4TF
    DLDI Patcher:
    WIN32 GUI
    Linux Build:
    Downloaded from Kineox today (Dec 14th 2007)

Have you tried getting DSLinux to run using your M3 Real yet? Using the above named HW/SW I could not get anything to run except a nicely backlit black screen (on both screens). Any help would be appreciated. Thanks! (Let me know if there is anymore needed info... I tried to include everything)

14. wilryt2

wilryt2 Member

OK solved it. Went to linFox (http://www.linfoxdomain.com/nintendo/ds/) and downloaded the 2.7d loader. Downgraded and everything works now. The new (2.7e) loader is screwed up somehow. Hope this ends up helping others with similar problems.

~wilryt2

15. kudu87

kudu87 Member

when the movie is playing, tap the touch screen and go to PlayControl. there you can change the "Screen mode" to "Top Screen". This will switch off the bottom screen

16. trexter

trexter Member

Im sorry if thsi is a dumb question, I know where to put NDS game, but where do i put GBA at? Do I need to creat a folder like NDS for example or ? and where will that folder go inside system folder or ?

17. poolpro

poolpro Regular member

Echostore.com

I received mine in 3 days.I bought 2 for a total of $91.47 shipped with UPS.

18. poolpro

poolpro Regular member

Not a dumb question at all.We are here to help and answer any questions someone might have.I read somewhere that you must create a folder like the one created for DS games and call it GBA.I haven't tried it personally because I'm not a big fan of GBA games buy hopefully it works.

19. Dachno

Dachno Member

If you are in the U.S. and are looking for a fast shipped M3 DS Real Perfect for a good price, Echostore.com is an excellent choice. Normally, I use Divineo.com but the shipping rates are high and the Real Perfect version still says 'Pre-order'.

At Echostore.com, the customer service responded to my business day-time inquiry in about an hour. It took less than a day for me to receive my package. While their and my office are relatively close to each other, this is the kind of great service one can expect. I choose UPS Ground for the shipping.

20. trexter

trexter Member

Thankx Poolpro, I will give it a shot, let you know if it work