1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

***M3 DS Real Guide*** WIP

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by mr_hanky, Nov 10, 2007.

1. Codysto18

Codysto18 Member

If anyones looking for M3 DS Reals here is a website that has them!

removed - no advertising

Last edited: Jan 2, 2008
  2. lazydj

lazydj Guest

im loving my m3 ds real, loaded loads of roms on..!

im having trouble with the internet browser, as I gather that I should simply put the files loose in the root folder and boot from them or do I open them normally? I have read loads of different things, and downloaded some ips patch thing and opera?

If anyone has a link to a browser that works on the m3 real, and some simple instructions of where to install it and how to load it that would be really helpful! i have the rumble pack in as it sounds like you need it to work?

3. mr_hanky

mr_hanky Regular member

I do not have an M3 ram pak (yet) to test with, but from what I have read you need to patch the browser for it to work, go here and download the the "DS Browser patcher tool" (sounds like you might already have it?) this should include a readme. Use this to patch the rom and copy that to your M3. The browser rom is thought of as a 'game' so put in the NDS folder with all your games.

Also you mention you have the rumble pak inserted, if you have only the rumble pak it will not work, you need either the "Rumble RAM Pak" or "GBA Expansion Pak"

=====================================================================

What games have you tried? The rumble pak will only work with games designed to use it. The first game that comes to my mind is Metroid Pinball so you can use that s a test (it should vibrate when the ball hits any bumpers etc.), I think Starfox Command uses rumble too.

=====================================================================

I don't watch videos on my DS so can only offer limited help with this.
    The M3 Real plays 'DSM' format movies, you can download a converter here (not sure if this is the one you have already tried?) For the first couple of videos keep the quality low to see if they work, then try higher bitrates/resolutions to see if there is a a limit to what the DS is able to play.

Also make sure you are trying to play the video in the M3 media player (in case your not already)

You can also try creating a DPG file using BatchDPG but I am unsure if the M3s media player will recognise them.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2008
  4. mikeyp

mikeyp Member

5. PaigeJury

PaigeJury Member

Hi,
    I just recieved my M3 DS Real and i have loaded the system folder which i downloaded from the m3apadter website. But when i put the card into my DS it just isnt recognised.
    I have a microSD chip in my M3 DS real but it still isnt loading at all, not even the menu.
    Am i doing something obviously wrong?

6. PaigeJury

PaigeJury Member

Whoops just fixed it.

7. mikeyp

mikeyp Member

My rumble pak works with pinball so guess its the games. Oh well.

8. paigey

paigey Member

Turns out my problem was with the DS.. All sorted now..

But the Rumble pack doesn't seem to rumble? Only when i first switch it on it gives a little shake and then that's it....

9. meyasukki

meyasukki Member

I'm having a hard time with the changing the skins on the M3 Real. I changed the skin folders to skin4, skin5, etc..and put them in the system file, but it did not show up. So I tried making a folder called skins, and putting all of them in there, but that didn't work either. I'm really confused, and I don't know what to do. I go to Settings, and when I try to change the skins, it has the same menu as before...default, skin1, skin2, skin3, and skin4.

Please if someone could help I'd really really really be happy!!!

10. k750man

k750man Member

Thanks to Mr_Hanky for his excellent tutorial. I bought my M3Real from AddictSupplies.com and they delivered within three days to the UK using Royal Mail Recorded delivery - excellent service IMHO.
    Anyway, I downloaded version 2.4 of the firmware from www.m3adapter.com for this card and tried to play some games, the games did not load. I followed the link from Mr_Hanky's tutorial and installed version 2.8 of the firmware and then all my games worked first time :)
    This problem and solution may have been shared already but I thought I'd mention it in case someone else is struggling to get things going with their M3Real.
    Thanks again to everyone @ Afterdawn :)

11. locapacow

locapacow Member

I received an M3 real with Rumble Pack (not ram) for Christmas. Anyone know where to just buy the GBA adapter to play with it?

12. mr_hanky

mr_hanky Regular member

The only site I can remember that sells the GBA expansion separately is RealHotStuff.com however I think it is currently sold out.

13. Annika22

Annika22 Member

Hey guys,
    This is a great guide, thanx.

When I run GBA roms, it won't save or load the savegames. I've got a DS Lite, M3 DS Real, and the GBA Expansion Pack. DS roms are working just fine...

Does anyone else have this problem?

14. noctrine

noctrine Member

I have had the M3 DS Real for a couple of weeks now, and have some questions:

1. When I insert the card, it usually doesn't work. The DS boots as if there is nothing in slot one. If I power down, remove the card, and power back on (20 or 30 times...) it will eventually work. Once it works, it works every time I power on, until I have to take the cart out again. Do I have a defective unit? Has anyone else experienced this?

2. Battery life is terrible compared to regular game flash carts. Less than 2 hours! Is this normal?

3. DS games load quickly, but GBA games take quite a while to load: 42 seconds after pressing start to get to the GBA logo, give or take a few seconds depending on the game. I'm using non HC memory. Is this normal?

4. Is there a way to copy saves from the M3 DS Real to official game carts, e.g. using methods like this? I would like to go back and forth between the M3 DS Real and official carts with save games.

Thank you all,

15. crsp1

crsp1 Guest

I have this exact problem
    I want to be able to access the main ds screan when I turn it on. But the option is not avalable.

16. 83fly

83fly Member

Hey all,

How do I create the cheat file for GBA games? I've got it working for DS games by using the AR Code Manager program, do I have to do something similar to this??

Thanks

17. jeposu

jeposu Member

I have exactly the same problem, but I got the Rumble Pack with ram (which is just as useless except for the ability to use the browser and a few small homebrew apps). I don't understand why even though the Rumble Pack has extra ram for other applications that it doesn't work the same as the GBA adapter. Is it the size of ram that comes with it? And if so, is there a compatibility list for apps that will run on the rumble pack with ram (with no GBA adapter)?

Since my last post I have confirmed that NES and Scumm VM games will work without the GBA expansion pack, using NESDS and ScummVMds for anyone interested. Also, Sega Games will work, but without sound with picodriveDS (because of the emulator, not the DS itself). In light of this, I'll hold off on getting the GBA adapter until I get bored with these.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2008
  18. Gooozeoo

Gooozeoo Member

I had the same exact problem, i realized that you have to take out the gba expansion pack to make the battery life normal. Im trying to figure out how to make the ds not use battery on the expansion pack while it is in. Btw, what brightness do you have it on, mine is only 1 setting above the lowest and it lasts about 4 hours with the gba pack inserted.

19. noctrine

noctrine Member

Gooozeoo--I haven't done any formal testing. I didn't even notice the brightness indicator for a couple of boots. I was concerned I had a bad unit, but when I get a replacement I'll do some tests with the GBA pack in and out. Thanks for the tip that that is a battery hog!

20. Gerbik9

Gerbik9 Member

Last edited: Jan 7, 2008