1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

***M3 DS Real Guide*** WIP

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by mr_hanky, Nov 10, 2007.

1. Pauldapro

Pauldapro Member

Sorry if this seems stupid, but I think I have a faulty M3 DS Real. I have downloaded the v2.8 loader from the M3 site, and unzipped the folder. I put the SYSTEM folder as instructed into the root of the micro SD card (1gb Kingston), and I inserted it into the flashcart. I then put it in my DS. It just says "Please insert DS card". What am I doing wrong? I formatted it into FAT32 the first time, but after reading the back, it said standard FAT system. So now I formatted it back into FAT. Why's it not reading the card right?

2. Razaki

Razaki Member

Hey there. I just got my M3ds Real today. So i installed the eng firmware off the site not knowing that it was out of date. Anyway when I was browsing through the menu, and clicked on skins in option. The DS froze and I couldn't do anything so i restarted it. THis time though it wouldn't load up, it kept on having the message "No system file found !. Put system file in."

So I found out that it was out of date firmware and installed the latest firmware onto my mine and my brothers sd cards (2g Kingston). So my brothers works perfectly fine, his works perfectly fine with my sd card in it, but my m3ds real still says "no system file..."

I have no idea whats gone wrong. Can anyone help? Oh and on my brothers m3ds real, i did the same thing. went into skins it froze and i restarted and his still is perfectly fine. Ive also tried formatting my sd card to no avail.

3. noctrine

noctrine Member

I think we're having the same problem...per my post here. Have you tried re-seating the card (multiple times), powering the DS off and on inbetween? It takes me something like 30 tries to get it to work. I also formatted FAT32 (per Mr Hanky's guide here) and I think I have Kingston memory (I don't want to take it out because I'm afraid it won't work when I put it back!). Anyone have any thoughts?

4. spiky2703

spiky2703 Member

Hi gang

Happy owner of the M3 perfect bundle for a couple of days now.

so far ds and gba game run smootly but still looking for a snes emul.
    I currently have a lot of retail ( original ) ds game and some i have spend a lot of time on them but still not at the end yet.

My question is : is there a way to copy the save file from the retail cartridge and the transfer it to th m3 ?

P.S
    So far the game that i know that rumble enable :
    metroid prime hunter
    metroid pinball
    mario and luigi partner in times
    picross DS

5. poolpro

poolpro Regular member

Thanks Gerbik9 I have been searching for updates for my M3 real but none of the regular sites I would get them from work anymore.Thanks a bunch I see the new version of 2.9 is already out.

6. tonysat

tonysat Member

Thanks Mr Hanky for some great instructions. I am totally new to the DS scene and had just received my M3 Real bundle yesterday. After following your instructions (except I didn't format the new Micro SD card I had) everything worked perfectly.
    If it's of any help, I purchased my M3 Real from gadgetz4all.com after speaking to a really helpfull guy called Steve there. (After being stung by consoleup, from which I ordered an "in stock" M3 Simply mid December, and still haven't received, it was a refreshing change to actually be able to confirm the company actually existed.)
    I ordered it at 3 o'clock on Monday afternoon and it arrived at 8.30 the next morning. And only £1.95 p&p.
    Anyway, thanks again. This is my first post and hopefully I'll be returning regularly.

7. xfaceds

xfaceds Member

okay im having problems with putting ds games into the m3 real.
    i dragged the systems folder but i dont know where the nds file is suppose to go or be. do i have to make it? where do i put it?

8. spiky2703

spiky2703 Member

Just create a new folder name : NDS

9. poolpro

poolpro Regular member

Put the NDS folder on the main memory stick outside of the System folder.

10. tonysat

tonysat Member

You've got your memory stick. There needs to be 2 folders on it. The one you already have "SYSTEM" and you then need to create a new folder called NDS. So both of these folder should be in the Root of the memory stick. You then copy any NDS games into the NDS folder.
    Good luck.

11. linkbox

linkbox Member

I asked this before in a thread, but it got burried and I hate to bump....

is there any way i can use m3 ds real on an old (fat) ds?

if not what is a good alternative?

tnx

12. linkbox

linkbox Member

that is, to run gba games,

sorry i didn't know how to edit...

13. imb0rden

imb0rden Member

Hey my M3 Real is on the way and I was wondering what is it like trying to do Wifi connection with DS games through the system. Does it supply you with a friend code? Can you even use Wifi with roms?

14. mr_hanky

mr_hanky Regular member

It is possible, but not very practical or cheap, you would need the M3 Real and a Slot-2 M3 Perfect (such as the M3 miniSD Perfect), unfortunately the normal GBA Expansion for the M3 Real is only available for the DS Lite.
    You might be able to find the the EZFlash 3-1 for the original DS if your desperate for a Slot-1 to Slot-2 GBA card.
    To be honest for GBA games your probably best just having a separate GBA cart for the original DS as pretty much any Slot-1 to Slot2 GBA card is for the DS lite. Although I have a DS lite I do have an Elink and an EFA-Linker for my GBA Micro and both work very well for GBA games, each one can hold between 3 and 10 games.
    (also the edit button is the top-right of your posts)

------------------------------------------------------------------

Using WiFi games are no different to using the original cart, Friend codes etc. work just fine. (NOTE: Do not post any friend codes in this thread or this forum, ta)

15. imb0rden

imb0rden Member

I have another question.

I bought the M3 Real pack that just comes with the M3 Real Slot 1 card and the slot 2 rumble device. What am I missing out on by not having the gba expansion from the perfect bundle? Basically I'm worried that if I don't have the GBA expansion, I won't be able to save on any of my ds roms that I will play. Do I just need DS RAM for using the opera browser?

If I wanted to, could I just buy something like the EZFlash 3-in-1 Expansion Pack
    http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.2967
    and use it as if it were the gba pack that would come with the perfect bundle?

16. sdhealy

sdhealy Member

Hi Guys, tried the multiple switching on/off and re-inserting but with still no luck. Updated to latest system files (v2.9) but still the same! :-(
    Over the next couple of days, I'm going to try the M3 Simply in the DS-Lite in question - I'll let you know how that goes. It won't give me the extra large micro-SD support, but at least I'll have 2GB to work with for that particular DS-Lite.

17. barri2345

barri2345 Member

OK, I have just bought a DS Lite via the net and should have it in a few days.

What mod is the best for playing DS Backup Roms?

DS Real
    DS Simply
    R4

I am confused to which one to buy and were to buy it from that ships to the UK I would be very happy if someone could reply asap!

Thank You.

18. daz1984

daz1984 Member

hi,

just bought one of these things and its good so far, the only prob is that when i go to put new games in my 'nds' file on my 2gb microsd card it wont let me, it says its 'write protected'. same goes for when i try to format the card.

anyone else had this problem?

i appreciate this isn't a problem with the m3dsreal itself but help would be greatly appreciated.

19. mr_hanky

mr_hanky Regular member

Are you using a MicroSD to SD adapter? if so check the little switch on the adapter, these are write protection switches, try moving the switch to the other position and trying again.

20. daz1984

daz1984 Member

thanks a lot mate that has worked, i really appreciate your help.

one more quick question,

i am using a 2gb micro sd card, will the m3dsreal support a bigger one?

thanks in advance.