1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

M3 DS Real types

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by wes00, Nov 17, 2007.

1. wes00

wes00 Member

I've been reading about the M3 DS Real that was just released and I have a question that I'm hoping some of you can help me with. I was looking at different websites and I noticed that there are 3 different types of M3 DS Real. I see a Rumble Pack, Rumble RAM Pack and a Rumble & GBA Expansion Pack and I'm not sure what the differences are. I don't actually have a DS yet but I'm getting the Crimson Lite for Christmas and I want to get a M3 in so I'll be ready when I get the DS. My question is what are the differences between the three? I read the product descriptions on realhotstuff and they really didn't help me much. Thanks in advance,

~Wes

2. mr_hanky

mr_hanky Regular member

The Rumble pack adds rumble/vibration support to compatible games.

The Rumble/RAM pack adds the rumble feature again, but also includes extra RAM for the DS Opera Internet Browser. (The RAM could also be used by some homebrew programs)

The Rumble+GBA Expansion Pack includes the the Rumble and RAM from above, but also adds GBA support to the M3 Real.

3. wes00

wes00 Member

Thank you for the reply, that clears things up for me. The only other question I have is, is the GBA support worth getting? I never had a GBA so I did miss out on all the games for it but did I miss out on anything worth getting?

4. wes00

wes00 Member

Oh I thought of something else, does it matter what brand SD card I get? I didn't see an edit button anywhere so thats why I have the double post. Thanks again,

~Wes

5. mr_hanky

mr_hanky Regular member

I would say that GBA is worth it, but then there are others who would also say it isn't.

A few GBA games I like are the Megaman Zero games (1, 2 & 3), Advance Wars 1 & 2, The Final Fantasy games, The Zelda games, Alien Hominid and Kingdom Hearts.

I do not think the SD card is important with the M3 Real, however I only have the fast Japan Kingston card so cannot test with anything else.

Also, the edit button is at the top right of your post :p

6. wes00

wes00 Member

Lol, there's the edit button. Where did you order your jap. kingston card from? Amazon, zipzoomfly or newegg don't specify where the card is from. Is there any way to tell by looking at it? Jap. words maybe?

7. mr_hanky

mr_hanky Regular member

I bought it from eBay, however I was lucky I just happened to buy a good card as it was before the problem games came out for the R4 etc.

I think DealExtreme.com has the Japan made Kingston on the site.

Only sites that sell DS stuff will make a point of telling you if it is a Japan card as they know it's what the customers are looking for.

8. wes00

wes00 Member

Ah ok, well thanks for the help. All my questions have been answered :)

~Wes

9. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

Yep there's a edit button :) Use that instead of back to back posts like mr_hanky posted.

[​IMG]