1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

M3 DS Simply Delete Files to make Room On Card?

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by Brewgod23, Jan 9, 2007.

1. Brewgod23

Brewgod23 Regular member

I got my M3 DS Simply today installed all the firmware and I am playing my backed up NDS games now. The instructions stated as follows:

"Copy all the files at ‘system\english\skin-*’ on the disk to the root directory of the TF card (including _DS_MENU.DAT ; _DSMSHL.NDS ; skin-*.jpg and Shell folder)"

My question is, after I install all the DS menu.dat and .NDS and the folder and I am playing games, can I remove this folfer and two file from the DS card to save room for more game or do I need to leave them on my card?

2. DEJuliano

DEJuliano Member

Although i do not have my Simply yet (on its way!!), I would NO, do NOT delete those files because those might be your menu files. I don't know for sure because again, I haven't messed with it but it looks like that would be what those files are. If you really got curious you culd always go ahead and try it but I'm thinking that might render the software incapable of running and you would simply need to re-install the software that came with the Simply from the OEM CD.