1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

***M3 DS Simply Guide***

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by mr_hanky, Jan 13, 2007.

1. Doctor_DS

Doctor_DS Regular member

i wish they have 2gb for kingstone brand, A-data didn't really a promissing brand.

2. bopran

bopran Guest

HI. Nice to see a guide being put together. I have been trying to get mario kart for the snes playing via my m3 simply. However i dont think mario kart actualy works on any emulator for the DS. I can get to the title screen and character select and thats it.
    Basicly might point is you should start adding guides for using emulators on the M3 Simply.
    I would help but i get little time to post on forums due to the nature of my work.
    Good luck compiling this guide.

3. mr_hanky

mr_hanky Regular member

Main problem with me writing a guide to using emulators is that I don't use them :(

I have a few PSP's which are much better at emulation than the DS, maybe when I have some spare time I can look into it but that could be quite a while.

4. XbusterZ

XbusterZ Regular member

i just noticed... you never did say how to install moonshell...

5. mr_hanky

mr_hanky Regular member

Although I never mention Moonshell this step does copy Moonshell to the MicroSD card.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2007
  6. isaf

isaf Member

Hi Mr Hanky, was just woundering when you are in moonshell is there anyway to get back to main menu without turning ds off and on.

7. mr_hanky

mr_hanky Regular member

Not yet but the M3 team have said they will be including a soft reset out of Moonshell soon.

8. vcbc

vcbc Regular member

So R4 DS and the M3 DS are the same exact thing (same factory made) except for the firmware and softwares it uses?? So theres no difference between a R4 and M3 besides some compibabiblity of the firmwares they use. Also I have heard a little about GBA Emulator for DS slot 1 devices... was wondering where can i find more info about that?

Last edited: Jan 18, 2007
  9. pakixd

pakixd Regular member

yep.. same factory. there are some slight differences (solder points, and software).. but thats about it. haven't heard of a GBA emulator

10. vcbc

vcbc Regular member

Alright thx man

11. mr_hanky

mr_hanky Regular member

UPDATE:
    Apparently the new batch of M3 DS Simply do not come with the replacment white shell, I have added this to the main guide.

12. negid

negid Member

I just got a new batch R4 and it DOES still come with the replacement shell. Just for FYI. Not that an extra shell should really be a huge selling point...

13. luckviii

luckviii Guest

Wondering if multicart gameplay works with this card? How about m3 simply with other m3 simply carts? or m3 simply with original game carts? or online play (ie wfc)

14. mr_hanky

mr_hanky Regular member

As long as you don't trim the ROMs the games multiplayer is uneffected.

Trim the ROM and you cannot send the game to another DS for single cart multiplayer unless it has FlashMe installed.

15. shmicko

shmicko Member

I just recieved two M3 Simply's. Ordered approx 3 days apart. One came with the plastic snap open packaging and TWO shells. The other came in a small (thin and unprotective) cardboard box with ONE shell. They're obviously cutting packaging costs as well as the extra shell. The product is still encased inside a plastic sheath though. So, basically... Mr Hanky is 100% correct, and I fully recommend the M3 Simply, its a simple, kick ass product. Only glitch I found is that even though there is an option to not create a save file for the game u select, you cannot access the game unless u do accept to create a save file (which makes sense). Keep it real ppls.

16. Kamahl

Kamahl Regular member

So what is the cheapest you guys have seen the simply for?
    Im seeing $50 for it, + 20 for a card, +15 for shipping.

That IS all I need right?

17. mr_hanky

mr_hanky Regular member

UPDATE:
    I'm hearing rumors that the hardware design of the M3 DS Simply has been revised to remove the solder point which would allow you to switch between using the device as an R4 or M3.

Unfortunetly the only M3's I have at my disposal are the old version.

Could any confirm if this is true?

18. shmicko

shmicko Member

Spot on cobba. Thats all you need. I recommend Divineo for the M3 Simply and ebay for the micro sd. It seems to be a little cheaper to buy 1 gig cards in multiples than a 2 gig card also... i prefer multiples so i can throw music on one...backups on another etc.

Mr Hanky, I dunno how to check that out... not that hardware minded... can you tell me what the differences are when u convert to r4? still a little new to all this...

All the best ppls.

19. mr_hanky

mr_hanky Regular member

The only difference once converted to the R4 is that it will run the R4 firmware, not the M3. At this pint in time there is no advantage to this as both firmwares are identical in what they do, but it may come of sme use in the future if say 1 firmware can play the latest game but the other has not yet been updated to do so.

The new hardware design has supposedly removed this point from the circuit board.
    [​IMG]

20. kibawolf

kibawolf Member

hello i just had afew q's i dont have the m3 simply yet. i thought i read somewhere that you could play ds, gba, gbc, gb, snes, and nes roms with the simply slot 1 card. I was looking at a board and it talked about that you could only play ds roms. can you only play ds roms?

#2 what is a "flashed DS"

#3 can you have the ds with a ds rom go to sleep mode (with out losing any information)

thank you (^..^)^****