1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

***M3 DS Simply Guide***

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by mr_hanky, Jan 13, 2007.

1. aaaggghhh

aaaggghhh Member

hello everybody! im having a problem with my m3 ds simply
    when ever i turn my ds on it goes onto the loading screen then when it fineshes loading it goes black and dosent come on! please help! im getting worried and ive had to creat a backup my ds!
    type bak soon!

2. kittymat

kittymat Regular member

Format, reload the software on to the card and retry. This can often happen if the DS is switched off while trying to load a game or complete a save in a game, SD cards do not like being switched off while being read or writen to.

3. aaaggghhh

aaaggghhh Member

so create a backup,delete everything on my ds and then put it back on again?

4. kittymat

kittymat Regular member

Back up the card on to your computer. Format the card using Panasonics SD Formatter (use google to find - its free), then put everything back on. This removes any crap or corruption off the card - solves most freezing issues

5. aaaggghhh

aaaggghhh Member

ok thank you for your help

6. Trottsky

Trottsky Member

Got it fixed guys

Last edited: Jan 3, 2009
  7. window83

window83 Member

I have tried this on M3 DS Real, but when I turn my DS on I get the language option and then a black screen, with loading in the lower right corner. The DS then hangs.

Has anybody got any suggestions of what else I can try?

cheers,
    Matt

Last edited: Jan 10, 2009
  8. wendyowl

wendyowl Member

hi everyone. i know this has probably been asked a MILLION times before so.. here's for the million & first!

a while ago, whenever i downloaded new roms, i would get the error message "the save data could not be accessed. please turn the power off & reinsert the ds card". for a while i kept restarting to no avail, & then i found out that i needed to update the firmware on my m3 card. i did that, & all of my games worked instantly, but over the past few days i recently downloaded a game called "coraline", and i'm starting to get the error message again. my firmware is all up to date & everything else works except this one game. i've tried downloading it from other sources but it still won't work. any ideas?

9. kittymat

kittymat Regular member

Not all will play after this, however most will if they are patched, go to the site hosting the firmware (in my sig.) and they have a tutorial on how to arm7 patch your games.

10. wendyowl

wendyowl Member

i'm probably being very very dense but whereabouts on that page do i need to look? xo

11. kittymat

kittymat Regular member

12. wendyowl

wendyowl Member

i'm using a mac.. are there any mac compatible downloads on that site?

13. kittymat

kittymat Regular member

14. wendyowl

wendyowl Member

thanks kittymat, i already found that forum on google but since i'm a newbie mac user, i'm not too familiar with any of the files & folders i'm meant to be using..

15. ndemoniac

ndemoniac Member

Hi!

I noticed a bug with M3 DS Simply:

I tried to copy Pokemon Pearl to the root of the card, and rename it to _mshl.NDS so that I could start it from the root menu.

I thought this could might help on the DS <-> Wii connectivity problem.

This is what happened:

The game started, but then said that I had to turn off the DS and remove and insert the card.

I did. But then when I turned on the DS with my M3 DS Simply inserted, I got an "SD/TF" error.

I checked with my computer, and all I got was "you need to format this card."

So... I've rechecked this. If you do copy a game on your TF, then rename it to _mshl.nds to start it from the menu, your card looses it's partition table somehow...

That's how I learned to backup my saves :(

Lost FFIII, FFIV, Zelda Phantom, Animal Crossing, Mario +++ savegames...

16. tswb25

tswb25 Member

hi everybody,,,,,i just got my m3 ds simply....
    but i can't get it load up....
    i did everything it said,,,,i download it and dragged all the 4 item that i need it ,, which are the _system_ and moonshl folders and
    _DS_MENU.DAT and _DS_MSHL.NDS files to the root of the memory card..

BUT when i turn on my DS,,, it show up LOADING.....
    then just freeze from there it doesn't go anywhere else...

can anyone help me plz...

thank you

17. TiptonP

TiptonP Member

tswb25

I had the same problem with a m3 simply card. I tried multiple SD cards, many different software downloads and to no avail I could not get it to kick over(move past the LOADING... page) After hours of messing with it I emailed the shop I bought it from and sent it back for exchange because it was obviously defective. I was sent back a working card.

I would suggest trying different SD cards, but do not wait to long to go back to where you bought it and request an exchange because your m3 simply card may be defective.

Good Luck I hope you get it to work without having to got through the headaches I had to.

18. ndemoniac

ndemoniac Member

Use a Sandisk card.

19. tha909

tha909 Member

can someone tell me if i can use the rumble pack for my nds?(not a lite or i, a nds)....i trimmed it(m3 rumble pack) down myself to fit in my slot-2 nds, but when i start the system up all i get is a half second rumble. if i go to the option to load from slot-2(was trying anything) it rumbles until i turn off the system. anyone have any ideas that would help?

here is the exact m3/rumble pack i have.
    http://www.gamebygame.com/index.php?target=products&product_id=29789

thanks in advance for any help.

peace.
    tha909

20. breticles

breticles Member

Your post was from a long time ago, so you have probably gave up or resolved your problem, but I was going to suggest in making sure the card is not HC. MicroSDHC still not work in M3 DS simply. I can comfirm from trying a 4gb SDHC card. On that note. Does any one know if there 4gb cards that are not SDHC. All the cards I could find 4gb and up are SDHC.