1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

***M3 DS Simply Guide***

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by mr_hanky, Jan 13, 2007.

1. Kiwiclx

Kiwiclx Member

Thanks mr_hanky for putting together this beginner's guide for the M3DSS. I just migrated to a new server today and it might take a while for the subdomain to propagate on the DNS root servers. I suggest using http://www.kiwiclx.com/nds/ for at least the next few days. :)

2. mr_hanky

mr_hanky Regular member

Link changed, will change back in a few days.

3. kibawolf

kibawolf Member

ok so every thing was working great all was good the only problem i have was castlevania por but then when i was puting an emulator on the a dat card EVERY thing went away and it sait there was 184+- mb of used space on the 1 gb card. all my saves ect are gone. WTF hapened?

i moved an emulator program(whole folder not just .nds) to the main dir. and an exe file did not work so i deleted it and i cut a sub folder from the folder i named progs (where i had homebrew) and pasting it to the main directory. the moving bar came up and it had like 2 min on it. it was moving the sega emu and some games. thwn i told it to paste (or i clicked and draged) another nds file to the main directory and an error came up saying the not found or (g; ect) refers to an unknowen location and the only thing on the card was the thing that i put on while it was moving.

i tryed undo but all it did was take that file back off the card. it was not in recycle bin or any thing.

when i took the card out of my pc it was hot like a power adaptor. i am using the card adapter that came with my m3 simply and it has had no problems so ya..... wtf

4. Kiwiclx

Kiwiclx Member

The microSD card reader that comes with the M3DSS isn't exactly of high quality. My machine would not even recognize it and I had to purchase a replacement from a local store.

5. XbusterZ

XbusterZ Regular member

the sd is at fault. my friend had a sandisk 1GB microsd. it melted the sd adapter. happened after his phone formatted the card (probably corrupt in the first place...), so i [stupidly] tried it on the microsd reader that was sent with the simply. that got hot and melted a bit to... but its still working! (cheap sd reader?) sd was later returned.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2007
  6. kibawolf

kibawolf Member

i was formating it last night and puting files back on it and i tryed another emulator. i got a white screen so i turned the ds off. and put it back in my pc. it dosent read it at all now, i get nothing from all devices. but my phone says its full so its broken? do you know any stores where i can get one?

7. spacejazz

spacejazz Member

I'm also having problems w/ download and play. I tried Mr. Hanky's advice, but the receiving ds still hangs on the white nintendo screen. Do I need to flash the receiving ds? and if so, can i do that with just the m3 ds simply?

8. dsnewb

dsnewb Member

"I'm also having problems w/ download and play. I tried Mr. Hanky's advice, but the receiving ds still hangs on the white nintendo screen. Do I need to flash the receiving ds? and if so, can i do that with just the m3 ds simply?/"

I have found that i can only use the download play when both DS have the M3 inserted, and both M3 have the same game loaded. also it only works when the game requires both DS to have the same game/cartridge - like CARS - if there is any other way around this i would love to know.

9. MirageK

MirageK Guest

I have another question, how do I install custom skins?

10. branflake

branflake Member

Quick question -- When shopping for a micro sd for this thing, read speed is king for in-game performance, yes?

11. christy1

christy1 Member

Does anyone know where to get a m3 ds simply in the us. Everyone seems to be sold out.

12. spacejazz

spacejazz Member

Try Target BnM

13. christy1

christy1 Member

What is BnM?

Last edited: Mar 2, 2007
  14. spacejazz

spacejazz Member

"brick and mortar" it just means the actual store, not online

15. christy1

christy1 Member

never mind.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2007
  16. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

"Brick and Mortar" isn't the name of a store. It's just a term used for any physical retail store that you canwalk into and buy stuff , hence "brick and mortar" because that's what they're commonly made of as opposed to an online shop which has no physical location.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2007
  17. RSkyDiver

RSkyDiver Member

Actually they do have a physically location. How else would they receive and ship their product?

18. mr_hanky

mr_hanky Regular member

Yes, but thats not to say they'll allow customers to that location. For instance I do not allow customers come to where I recieve/store my stock as it happens to be my house :p so in the customers eyes there is no physical location.

As for getting an M3 from Target, I would doubt a retail store would sell the M3 due to the nature of the product, best bet is to find somewhere online that still has them in stock, or if need be see if they have the R4 as it is pretty much the same thing.

19. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Ok smart aleck. The only variable in my statement was whether there was a physical building where you can purchase products therefore leaving only one assumtion to "an online shop which has no physical location". Shipping and receiving was never mentioned which means it was NOT a variable or option.

20. breauxman

breauxman Member

are online retailers continuously getting new stock of the M3 Simply in?