1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

M3 DS Simply or R4?

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by DesiRoxta, Apr 16, 2007.

1. DesiRoxta

DesiRoxta Member

I just got a black DS Lite and im about to order the M3 DS Simply and I will buy a 1gb microsd card from like bestbuy or something, my question was that if I play NDS roms through M3 simply, will the games work online? Like if I want to log online and play Metroid Prime Hunters with other people with a Metroid Prime ROM per say... will it work online with M3? Also, with the roms does the touch screen and everything function flawlessly? Also is the M3 Simply better than the R4? which should i get?

Last edited: Apr 16, 2007
  2. KingMendi

KingMendi Member

I believe online games work, dont quote me on this because I have yet to try it but Mr Hanky would definitely know. As for the touch screen, yes it works flawlessly. Another thing you should consider is buying a microsd card online, because Best Buy and Circuit City, etc. overprice these cards. I bought my 1gb Kingston from Meritline for 14 bucks or so and they have free shipping.

3. negid

negid Member

Yes, the online function works flawlessly. I've played Mario Kart and FF Chocobo Tales online without any problem at all.

And please get your 1GB microsd on Meritline.com It's SOOOO much cheaper. And FREE shipping.

The M3 and R4 are exactly the same thing. So choosing one just depends on what price you want to pay.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2007
  4. pengas

pengas Member

5. Danhner

Danhner Member

I debated on this myself and I chose the R4 because they usually release updates for their firmware a couple days faster than the M3 people do.

6. gmax2k5

gmax2k5 Member

Desiroxta, what did u end up buying? i got a ds lite black too, im trying to decide between m3 simply or r4 for my ds lite. i think they are both the same, but I like how m3 simply is black and would go well with my ds, but most of the reviews point to r4 being better because of faster updates. anyways, let us know what you got, and how it works.

7. R4Seller

R4Seller Guest

I know the the 1G R4 package is selling @ 31GBP and 2GB is selling for 38GBP
    Any one interested? I don't know is it possible to show it on this forum?
    R4 seller