1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

M3 DS Simply Slot 1 Ready for Release!

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by mr_hanky, Dec 15, 2006.

1. kram101

kram101 Guest

Ok some clarity please on the whole language thingey.

1. If I buy a Simply and it ends up being in another languge, am I screwed (that is if i dont want to solder anything on the unit).

2. What store can I buy from that I know 100% will sell me an english model?

3. What stores have people brought from

4. What stores have people brought from thinking they will get an English version but eneded up with a different version.

2. XbusterZ

XbusterZ Regular member

0. i think this belongs in mr_hanky's m3 simply thread...
    found ~here~

1. pretty much.

2. nothing is 100%. just look for sites that are in english and hope for the best. the circuit boards tell u if they're english or not. so if the manufacturer messes up, that's it...

3. i hear divineo.com or .cn is good. i bought from modchipstore.com and everything's english.

4. no ideas...

3. navahmed

navahmed Member

hi, i bought it from diveno cn recently, and its in english, also they took less than a week to deliver to uk! highly reccomend

4. DEJuliano

DEJuliano Member

I bought my DS Simply from Divineo.com and I was unsure whether I would get an English one or not so I sent an email. They are quick to respond to emails and I was assured that since mine was being shipped to the US, I would recieve one in English. I think they just assume whatever area you live in is the native language you would prefer. I ordered mine on the 6th and I am hoping to recieve it on Tuesday after Martin Luther King day.

5. kram101

kram101 Guest

Divineo sounds good, however i went to order 3 cards ($138.00 close to) and weight of the postage was under 1Kg, however to Australia they want just over $50 in postage.

This seems rather excessive seeing the weight is under 1kg.

Maybe I try from the other Davineo sites, not the dot com one.

6. Doctor_DS

Doctor_DS Regular member

there's other website sell m3 ds simply. just go to m3adapter.com, and go to to where to buy, and pick a country that closest to australia. you'll save shipping/handling.

7. ronyap

ronyap Member

Hi, can you tell me what 'brick' means? Sorry for being a n00b :p

8. mr_hanky

mr_hanky Regular member

Bricking is when you make your DS pretty much of as much use as a brick, generally this means doing irrevesable damage to the system software.

They do make fancy paper weights mind you....

9. kcajblue

kcajblue Regular member

you can unbrick a ds if you use the bios from another ds.

10. XbusterZ

XbusterZ Regular member

yes, you open the 'bricked' one up and take out its bios (detachable block thing on left hand side when looking at back of ds). then put in the other one from another ds. switch. initiate flashing. it is strongly reccommended that this is done with a friend so one [with steady hands] can flash while the other presses the buttons, so as not to brick another. wait for 100%... recovered! also, it now has a safeguard against bad roms that can brick the ds. (hold down [A+B+START+SELECT])+POWER[on]. boots from flashcart.

now you know why people buy 'bricked' ds's.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2007
  11. djnate27

djnate27 Member

I ordered my DS Simply from Divineo back on December 18th when it was first announced and they have yet to send me anything.
    After countless emails inquiring about my order they emailed me stating that and I quote, "I am sorry the 2nd batch of M3 DS Simply has not reach our warehouse yet.
    We should get them next week.
    We'll send you a message as soon as we process your order.
    Thank you for your patience."

I ordered on Dec 18th and didn't make the list for the 1st batch.
    Something ain't right here.

12. negid

negid Member

13. djnate27

djnate27 Member

14. djnate27

djnate27 Member

And another thing: Divineo.com didn't make the news article about the Simply until Dec 19th the day after I ordered so....

Oh well.
    Sorry for ranting.
    I guess I'm just a bitter old man who got so excited when he heard about this thing that he immediately went to buy one so he be one of the first to get his.

I'll go away now.

15. kram101

kram101 Guest

There is a delay with the simplys everywhere. It seems that you must of ordered from the store that has the most requests.

I have ordered from a seperate online store, and have been told that stock arrives today. So with luck they will send mine out soon.

I suppose as you have ordered, be patient, it will arrive like most things when they are released, everyone wants one. If you wait a month or so im sure the delay wont be there.

There are also Supercard Slot 1 options that I believe are below the M3 but still an option. So if you cant get the M3, maybe look at other brands.

16. mr_hanky

mr_hanky Regular member

If you are desperate for a M3 Simply and have basic soldering skills it is possible to buy an R4 DS and apply one drop of solder to it to allow it to use the M3 firmware, See the bottom of my M3 Simply Guide for info on how to do it. (link in sig)

17. DEJuliano

DEJuliano Member

Ordered an M3 DS Simply in the early morning of the 7th January from Divineo. 10 days later, on the 17th it was sitting in my hot little hands. Of course the 1 Gb MicroSD card arrived much sooner. That was rather quick shipping to the US if you want my rather worthless opinion. The package arrived very well packed and without an issue. Arrival was certified mail so obviously Divineo is tracking their shipments. The newer firmware took a few minutes to download and apply but within one hour I was up and running with a bunch of games, MP3s, and .txt files loaded. The interface is very simple and intuitive. I am defnitely impressed with this device. There is a personal memo program floating around somewhere that I would like to try as well as a couple emulator in time. I'm stoked because now I can take my written lectures with me on one less medium. The DS is getting closer and closer to what people would like it to be. If you're debating on getting an M3 Simply. Go for it!!! Its worth it!!!

18. BluthCo

BluthCo Member

So you ordered from Divineo.com? I ordered first week of Jan. and received a shipping notice on the 12th of Jan. with no tracking number since the selected method of delivery was airmail. What delivery method did you choose? I still haven't received mine. I understand the frustration of the member who ordered in mid Dec. and still hasn't received his. Especially when I see people who ordered after me getting theirs before me. Hopefully it comes tomorrow.

19. BluthCo

BluthCo Member

Please post when you get yours. I'm interested as to why there's such a delay for people who ordered earlier. I wonder if these people who already received theirs but ordered well after you chose UPS or FedEx delivery?

Last edited: Jan 18, 2007
  20. DEJuliano

DEJuliano Member

Can't tell you why it was that you still have not received yours. I got mine within about 10 days of ordering from Divineo. The firmware was of course, outdated so it took me about an hour to be up and running but it works flawlessly. Best of luck to you.