1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

M3 DS Simply Slot 1 Ready for Release!

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by mr_hanky, Dec 15, 2006.

1. BluthCo

BluthCo Member

Thanks! I'm glad to hear that it works so well.

2. DEJuliano

DEJuliano Member

Oh yeah I failed to mention that I went with the regular air mail or whatever the cheapest shipping was. Also, make sure that you go to a reputable rom site to get rom references. Do not go onto any file sharing services and just start downloading random roms. I have heard that there are now "virus" roms floating around that have potential to brick your DS. Don't know how this works so don't bother asking me, just conveying the warning. A good "reference" for file-sharing services is nintendo-ds-roms. Fill in the blanks and you'll know what I am talking about. These are considered good references.

3. navahmed

navahmed Member

has a good gba emulator compatible with the m3 simply been released yet? thanks!

4. XbusterZ

XbusterZ Regular member

flashing your ds can act as a safeguard against these said trojans/viruses since a cart boot method is built in. just don't mess up the flash...

here's some random letters that i trust for references...
    drn/.dl/.am
    read/ between/ the/ lines./
    those letters are so easy to remember and it's so simple how thats all that is needed. no coms or nets or anything.

5. ronyap

ronyap Member

Hi:

I have just received my M3 Simply, and it has a Moonshell installed already. It is the 1.5 Moonshell.

Question 1:

How do I uninstall Moonshell?
    how do I install Moonshell?

Question 2: I have got the M3 Simply, and its firmware is v.1.00. I know there is system v.1.02 out there, and so I downloaded it. I didn't know how to install it. I used my common sense, and deleted the old DAT file, and dragged and dropped the new .DAT file. I turned on the DS Lite with the Simply, and surprise! It was v.1.02. I thought I needed to install it. Have I done it right? I have heard that I have done it right, but I have also heard people say that when you upgrade to v.1.02, the 'Shell' folder goes and is replaced by some Moonshell folder or something.

Question 3: I really want to know how to change the skin on my SImply AND my Moonshell. Can someone please give me a detailed explanation?

Question 4: When I bought my SD Card, all the stuff was already preinstalled, including the shell folder and Moonshell (I bought it from HK straight). Can someone please give me a brief explanation of this shell folder?

Question 5: There is a high probability that I am going to format my SD Card and reinstall everything with system v.1.02

(i) Will formatting cause my Transflash to lose some memory?
    (ii) Can someone please LIST all the files I need, I already know this much:

--> The .DAT file
    --> The Moonshell File
    --> I am not sure about the 'Shell' folder.

And, also, where is the original M3 Simply Skin?

I hope people can answer my quesions.

6. mr_hanky

mr_hanky Regular member

1:
    To uninstall delete MSHL.NDS and the 'shell' folder
    To install put the MSHL.NDSand shell folder back :p
    Also, you can rename any homebrew program to MSHL.NDS and it will run when you select the Moonshell icon.

2:
    Yes you did it right, upgrading the Moonshell 'shell' folder is optional and does not effect how the actual firmware works, onl upgrade Moonshell if you use it. I don't use it so I deleted it and load DSorganise from the Moonshell icon.

3:
    not my specialty, maybe someone can answer this, or I will later...

4:
    The shell folder is where Moonshell keeps lots of files needed for it to function correctly.

5:
    (i) No, unless you change the filesystem from FAT to FAT32 where you might lose a very, very, very, small amount (bigger file allocation table needed).
    (ii) The .DAT file (Moonshell is optional, if you want Moonshell you also need the shell folder)

And, also, where is the original M3 Simply Skin?
    In the firmware itself, but yo can skin the firmware by putitng certain files in a new folder called '_system_' but I havn't tested this.

My M3 DS Simply guide may also be of some use to you (link in sig)

Last edited: Jan 19, 2007
  7. ronyap

ronyap Member

Hi,

Thanks Mr. Hanky ^^. So, Shell folder is only for the Moonshell, nothing to do with the M3, so if I delete it, NOthing will happen, apart from the Moonshell.

Thanks again.

8. mr_hanky

mr_hanky Regular member

Exactly, you can always just put the shell folder back should you need to

9. ronyap

ronyap Member

I just tried to install Moonshell 1.6, but when I tap the Multi media button, My hopes were high, but it only showed the Game Loading Bar, and nothing happens. The top screen is black. I dont know what to do now.

10. whompus

whompus Active member

For 1.6 you should have a file called _DS_MSHL.NDS and a folder called moonshl.

11. ronyap

ronyap Member

Yh, I do

12. PooStain

PooStain Member

Hmm, when I downloaded the 1.6 Moonshell finalfinalfinalbeta1, there weren't any moonshl folders. I had to start up the setup.exe. Do I pick M3 Adapter (SD Card) for my Simply and it installs everything in there (my SD card)?

13. XbusterZ

XbusterZ Regular member

for moonshell:
    download a moonshell skin. copy the contents of the folder... ex:desktop.bmp, fbarcur.bmp... paste it in your moonshl folder, it should say do you want to replace X with Y? say yes to all [just writes over old skin with new].

for simply:
    download a simply skin.create a folder named '_system_' (no quotes) in the root of your microsd. paste all the .bmp(4 total) into that folder. done.

skins for simply and moonshell somewhere.

simply skin archive

moonshell only-scroll down to where it says skin generator as the topic heading and then moonshell skin by GCTonyHawk7

i also made a skin for the simply and put it in my sig. just put the _system_ folder into the root of your microsd.

i picked r4, since its kinda the same and uses microsd as well.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2007
  14. BluthCo

BluthCo Member

How do I get back to my directory when I'm done with a game instead of having to turn it off and on?

15. ronyap

ronyap Member

can anyone even try to answer my question please?

16. XbusterZ

XbusterZ Regular member

m3 is supposedly working on this. 'soft reset' is the name of such a function.

open the folder that you downloaded for moonshellfinalfinalfinalbeta1, click the setup.exe app. make it go to your microsd. it'll giv you a long list of drivers for different flashcarts and such on the right side. i chose 'r4tf r4' since the r4 is similar to the simply and uses microsd also. click whatever options you want, like what clock and such. i didn't mess with anything but the clock though. then ok it all. you should be fine now.

i like moonshell. i got an .avi to work, have some .mp3's on it, and read .txt.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2007
  17. DSlite

DSlite Guest

I am thinking of ordering this from Divineo.cn and was wondering if the prices are in US Dollars or Canadian currency. Also is there any reputable place that has them for less shipped? It's showing $105.80 for 2 M3 DS Simply *ENGLSIH* shipped EMS with tracking.

TIA

18. mr_hanky

mr_hanky Regular member

The price is in US Dollars.

You can check the prices at ModChipStore to see if they're any better.

Or check some of the other sites mentioned in my M3 guides (links in sig)

19. ronyap

ronyap Member

Thanks, its true. I chose the M3 SD Card one instead b4. After choosing the R4 one, it works ^^. You got an AVI to work? I thought you needed to convert to .dpg for it to work?

Thanks anyways ^^

20. taskbot

taskbot Guest