1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

M3 DS Simply Slot 1 Ready for Release!

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by mr_hanky, Dec 15, 2006.

1. XbusterZ

XbusterZ Regular member

clean dumps of nds games = no patching of the software to make it compatible with the fact it's being run off the gba slot (flashcarts). which just means, rip the game and play directly with the rip, no in-between modification necessary.

skinnable interface = ever wanted an app's button to look different or have different colors or have a different background? if i'm correct in interpretation... the simply should be able to support this. it will make the menu unique to you depending on how you do it. (pretty much like changing wallpaper and icons).

2gb sd's are generally thought to be unreliable... something to do with format (fat16/fat32) maybe... not sure on the particulars. but i read around and found some people with 2gb microsd that can only play the first 3 backups installed... also, they are generally over twice the cost of 1gb microsd's. meh. i don't have to worry about memory... much.

2. mr_hanky

mr_hanky Regular member

Just thoght I should add some onfo on the Opera browser XbusterZ was explaining.

Yes, it is slow, the main cause of this is just the lack of RAM and the fact the DS wasn't really designed as a web browser.

As for the RAM pack, it is needed for the browser to work, hence why it dosn't work on Slot-2 devices, it will only work *unpatched* on the M3 Simply if you also have the original RAM cart, however there is a patched version of the Opera Browser for the DS-X which can use the RAM area of the M3 Slot-2 devices or Supercard Devices, note this is only the RAM area and not the storage card, as this is too slow to access. But it does increase the RAM from th 20ish MB of the original cart to 32MB of he Supercard and M3 range, chances are this patched version will work on the M3 Simply too.

3. XbusterZ

XbusterZ Regular member

the m3adapter site is down, perhaps they are updating some software...

4. h4xmaster

h4xmaster Member

Darn it... I would buy this with no doubt if it supported miniSD cards.

5. GreaterF

GreaterF Member

well there is the alternative of the m3 mini SD. that supports mini SD cards.

6. joey4321

joey4321 Member

what program is needed to run nes games on ds with m3 simply? or is it supported by moonshell? sorry kinda new to this.

7. XbusterZ

XbusterZ Regular member

software support will be released at launch. it is probably an install to get more functionality on the simply. so we don't know exactly what it does.

but a nes emulator with the right ending (.nds, i think). will work (i think) with the simply.

its all up in the air until confirmation.

trust no one.

8. joey4321

joey4321 Member

haha. yea, i'm hearing conflicting ideas. like this M3 simply is going to be amazing containing everything from: ds browser, nes, mp3, movies, and etc. while other reports say m3 is really stripped down only having the ability to play NDS games and also missing is GBA support.

9. XbusterZ

XbusterZ Regular member

both are true...
    kinda...
    it will be able to do all that with what games/apps u put on it. (put ds browser on it, u get ds browser; put nes emulator on it, u get nes emulator) moonshell (preinstall i believe) ~should~ have support for the afformentioned media playing (plus txt reading for faqs i guess, would seem plausible/helpful). unless m3 did something...? it will run whatever games/nds homebrew it can support (a supposed 100% compatibility).

the simply does not have gba support. it supports .nds files (i think thats the extension...). since it is in the ds slot. they will probably make a gba emulator to accomodate.

trust no one (not even me... [especially me])

Last edited: Dec 29, 2006
  10. joey4321

joey4321 Member

thanks for the quick responses and everything. but i'll let the guinea pigs test it out before i buy.

11. XbusterZ

XbusterZ Regular member

ahem...
    *squeak, squeak*

12. Brewgod23

Brewgod23 Regular member

Has anybody heard when this M3 DS Simply is going to be out?

13. Brewgod23

Brewgod23 Regular member

What is a good size Micro SD card (Trans Flash)to by? 512M, 1G, 2G or 4G?

14. pakixd

pakixd Regular member

Should be out soon.. I believe it will be out on 1/3 or 1/4

15. GreaterF

GreaterF Member

well I have heard that 2GB micro's r quite unreliable so i'd be inclined to get 2 1GB micro's. plus they often come cheaper than a single 2GB micro anyway. and i don't actually know where u can get a 4GB micro. maybe others like mini SD, or normal SD. if u no where i could can u link me. anyway, u should have probably total 2GB. however u choose to get that

16. Brewgod23

Brewgod23 Regular member

So 1G is the max size I should get? Which brand are good? It is not like the special DVDs that only certain brands work with the M3 DS Simply? What about a speed of the card. Is that important? Can someone post a link as to where to buy good reliable Micro SD cards?

17. Doctor_DS

Doctor_DS Regular member

I pre order M3 Simply DS, and they just ship mine on Dec 30, 2006. i can't wait to get my hand on it. :D

For he NDS browser, for go to the internet, didn't we need the RAM for it. if you buy the official it should be at the GBA slot, and where in the hell did someone sell the GBA RAM for the browser.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2006
  18. GreaterF

GreaterF Member

Yes, I pesonally thik that 1GB is the highest you should get due to reliability.

As for brands, SanDisk and Kingston are quite reliable. But anyhting you've heard of before and is common should be fine.

No, All brands i think should work in the DS becuase they are still being run though a full size SD card (the micro goes into and SD, then into the DS, incase u didn't know).

I'm not sure about the speed of the card but if you buy from my link it should be enough.

I don't really think it is impotant.

Divineo

P.S. I've heard that divineo is not the cheapest site to buy from, however that it is very reliable. It's all about weighing up the odds.

Happy Holidays All

19. PooStain

PooStain Member

20. Brewgod23

Brewgod23 Regular member

So I can buy a full size SD 1G card? It does not have to be a Micro SD card? I thought that the M3 DS Simply uses a Micro SD card only.