1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

M3 DS Simply.. Worried? **Please read entire thread**

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by Jademalo, May 30, 2007.

1. Jademalo

Jademalo Regular member

Ok. i have no SD card as of yet (dam internet.. and royal mail) and when i power the m3 simply up, sometimes it says "Couldn't Find The SD/TF Card" and sometimes, it just hangs on "Loading.."

Im worried that when i get my SD card, it wont work some of the time..

should i be worried?

:|

2. Jademalo

Jademalo Regular member

Its settled down now, and its just saying cant find card. im still a little cautious tho..

anyone?

3. Jademalo

Jademalo Regular member

ok. i opened it up, had a look, aqnd it seems to only go into loading if it has a shock, and the same other way round. i opened it, put it back, and it SEEMS to be ok.

4. MrWitness

MrWitness Member

I have done about 50 m3ds simply cards now, I have had quite a few of them that first time of use have booted to the normal ds menu. On unplugging and re-inserting they have been fine. Sometimes I have had to unplug an re-insert the SD to get it to work. I suspect the plating on the contacts is to blame and maybe they have a build up on them that clears when inserted a few times. You could try cleaning the contacts, but generally a few plug/unplug cycles does it for me. Hope this helps

5. Jademalo

Jademalo Regular member

Ok thanks :) Just, without the SD, it should just go straight to cannot find SD.. it seems like its thinking that there is an SD in because it goes to loading.., but obviously there isnt, and theres no firmware or files for that matter.

It allways boots up, its just its actions are occasionally different if you know what i mean.

It obviously should allways go to "Cannot Find SD/TF Card", But it sometimes goes to "Loading.." Like it thinks there is an SD Inserted.

Ok?

6. Jademalo

Jademalo Regular member

I just hope i havent got a busted one..

i really do..

It allways goes to loading.. and i havent got an sd card in it.. (or an sd card yet for that matter)

Last edited: May 31, 2007