1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

M3 for a beginer

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by mark5hs, Jun 25, 2006.

1. mr_hanky

mr_hanky Regular member

if your patching the ROM again, make sure it is a clean, unpatched ROM, or it will not work.

2. mark5hs

mark5hs Guest

I just left it as it is when it worked before and its not working now

3. mr_hanky

mr_hanky Regular member

Strange for it to just stop working, try copying over a clean ROM with the following settings:

Fast Boot, 4xDMA, Trim ROM, No Software Reset.

I think having software reset enabled on games that use Nintendo Wifi can cause this to happen.

4. mark5hs

mark5hs Guest

thats weird. I just tried reformating my card and transfering the exact same rom with the exact same settings and its working. I tried new mario and tetris earlier and tetris worked but new mario didn't. But metroid started screwing up after I tried mario and it didn't work and it autorestored when I turned on my DS. Do you think the problem could have been caused by the mario rom as my game worked after the rom and save were deleted? If I turn off autosave do I have to do anyhting special after I use the ingame save function?

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 11, 2006
  5. mr_hanky

mr_hanky Regular member

I never turned off autosave, but I do know you need to use software reset and then backup the save manually somehow.

There was a problem with an older version of gamemanager that screwed up roms if you did them in bulk on it, but I thought that was fixed.

6. mark5hs

mark5hs Guest

do you think my M3 could have come with the older version? is there a patch I can download to fix it?

7. mr_hanky

mr_hanky Regular member

Of course ¬_¬ the first thing you should do when getting any flash cart is download the latest software for it, they are constantly beiing updated.

get the latest download form http://www.dualscene.net

8. mark5hs

mark5hs Guest

I just downloaded 3.14 (I had 3.0). Should that fix all my problems?

9. mark5hs

mark5hs Guest

I installed 3.14 and transfered mario but mario still isn't working. Metroid is working. The problem is probably with the mario rom?

10. mr_hanky

mr_hanky Regular member

11. mark5hs

mark5hs Guest

cool thanks alot

12. mark5hs

mark5hs Guest

I shouldn't have bought that cheap lexar card. Its a 1gb but it doesn't let me store more than 120mb. Ill just have them replace it.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 12, 2006
  13. Erdrick

Erdrick Regular member

Mark: If it truly IS a 1Gb (and not a 1GB) then it should store about 120 megs.

Keep in mind 1 megabyte (MB) = 8 megabits (Mb) This is just a rule of tech that needs to be memorized. Unfortunately, some dealers take advantage of the trickiness of this fact and mismarket their products. I can't say that Lexar did this, but it is a possibility.

14. mark5hs

mark5hs Guest

15. wazid360

wazid360 Guest

nvm

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 20, 2006
  16. pakixd

pakixd Regular member

you may want to try formatting it again.. maybe it just wasn't formatted right to begin with? 1GB should hold about 986MB after formatting in FAT16

17. mark5hs

mark5hs Guest

tried fat16, treid fat32, both of them wouldn't let me store more than 120mb. I sent it back but they sure are taking their sweet time "your replacement product will be shipped within 5-7 business days"

18. mark5hs

mark5hs Guest

Mr_hanky, so where should I download moonshell for playing MP3s? I donwloaded the firmware update you mentioned and when I went to M3's website, it said access forbidden for the moonshell download link

19. Venom5880

Venom5880 Regular member

20. mr_hanky

mr_hanky Regular member

Sorry for my late replys, been having internet issues.

Anyhows, as venom said, you can get the normal moonshell from the site he mentioned.

If you get the latest M3 firmware, that will come with it's own version of moonshell, you can get the firmware updates from http://www.dualscene.net