1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

M3 Questions and Advice needed. (Intelligence is key)

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by SoccaPrac, Jan 14, 2007.

1. SoccaPrac

SoccaPrac Member

OK, so I have a Jet Black NDSL. I just wanted to run a few things by you guys before I go off and do something stupid with my cash.

So I am going to buy the M3 DS Simply. Is this the best player in the game of ROM/music/video playing? I know it holds more (due to the Micro SD Card Reader) then the G6 or any other competitor. I have read 3-4 reviews, and this seems to be my best option. I also have a few questions.

1. Will I be able to play regular games (w/ cartridge) if I wanted to... (online as well as off-line?)

2. If I were to not use the M3 DS after a few weeks or whatever, will I be able to use the DS exactly as I do now? (before buying the M3)

3. Is there online capability with the ROM's/M3?

Last edited: Jan 14, 2007
  2. SoccaPrac

SoccaPrac Member

Also,

I need a good place to buy both the M3 as well as a MicroSD card/s.

MicroSD 2GB: Newegg

M3 Simply: Gameyeeeah

Thanks again!

Last edited: Jan 14, 2007
  3. XbusterZ

XbusterZ Regular member

0. why is intelligence needed????????????????????

1. yes, yes.

2. yes.

3. yes/no, and you may also want to look up ds browser.

a. word is that 2GB microsd's are unreliable.

b. i hate this part. bring in someone intelligent... (not me)

4. DEJuliano

DEJuliano Member

Intelligence is up to personal interpretation and dicretion.

1. Yes, you will be able to play normal store-bought games immediately upon removing the M3 DS Simply from the cartridge slot. You are simply removing your editable media. Your DS retains all functions it had previously.

2. Using the M3 DS SImply makes absolutely no changes to your DS/DSL unless you initiate access to your fimware held within the DS itself. Be careful about fiddling with your firmware (You'll know if you're doing it, you'll be using a program that claims to mess with the firmware of the DS). Upon removing the M3 Simply, your DS will be just like any other, and that is why the M3 is pretty cool because at no point will using the M3 will you void your warranty.

3. Yes, the roms you use will retain online function as well as rumble function. I don't know much about the DS browser but then again why surf the net on your DS? No information is lost when you get your hands on a "clean dump" of a NDS cartridge (that you have bought and paid for of course!!!) Maxconsole.com and dualscene.net have good info as well as updates on the Simply as well as the R4 spend some time reading up on their info.

Hope this helps to answer some of your questions.