1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

M3 SD Pro & GBA

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by hail12, Mar 12, 2007.

1. hail12

hail12 Member

Hi,

I am really confused with the many M3 series available. I just ordered an M3 card, my intention was to get M3 SD perfect. What I got in my invoice is M3 Lite SD Pro, what the box say is M3 SD Pro!.

I don't even know where I got the card from, I know it is a canadian store, it was a link from this forum. I don't have any complaints about the service, it is just I don't know who to contact for support. My order M3 SD Pro costed me $59, the website I received is consolSource.com.

My intention was to play GBA as #1 priority, and NDS later. I have NDS and GBA.

The card didn't recognize my cheap 2GB SD card. It recognizes another one that is 1GB.

The All the NDS games worked great, but only a couple out of a big list of roms for GBA worked.

The website m3adapter.com which is on the box says that M3SD Pro will run both NDS and GBA (GBA smaller than 32mb). All the roms I have for GBA are 3 to 6MB!

So does this card really run GBA? if yes, what am I doing wrong? I tried M3 game manager to copy GBA games, but I am getting the same results. Also, I tried drag and drop the games to the SD card, but no luck.

I appreciate anyone's help.

I have one more question, Is there a way to connect the GBA or NDS to a TV?

Thanks

2. tkachuk

tkachuk Member

I am having the same problem.. :( anyone help us..

3. mr_hanky

mr_hanky Regular member

That will be why GBA games are not working, the 'Pro' version lacks the 32MB RAM the 'Perfect' versions have, GBA games need this RAM to work, as a result, the only games that will work are those small enough to fit in the DS' RAM (not much)

check here for SD card compatibility

Mb and MB are different 32Megabits is only 4Megabytes, in theory your 3MB games should work.

It can run small GBA games, but the main reason the 'Pro' version exsists is to be a cheaper alternative to the 'Perfect' version, as it has the main GBA support removed.

Basically, if you bought a Perfect and recieved a Pro, you have been ripped-off, however if you accidentally got a Pro while looking for the Perfect thats just bad luck :-(

Yes, but the only decent methods require opening the consoles and soldering wires, which not many people are prepared to do.
    There are big camera attachment things, but they are generally crap quality.
    In my opinion the best method for playing GBA on a TV is via a Gamecube+Gameboy Player+GBA as a controller, but obviously this is quite expensive for just GBA.

4. hail12

hail12 Member

Thank you very much.

Your answers make perfect sense. I just tried several 4MB games for GBA and they all worked.

I really like the GBA more then the NDS. Is there a low cost M3 with SD card that does GBA and not NDS? I want something with SD card not flash memory.

Is there a way to reset the GBA after every game instead of turning it off, then on?

Thanks again

5. hail12

hail12 Member

Oops, one more question.

I heard that the M3 card is built in emulators. How can I run SNES roms? They don't seem to work if I just drag and drop?

Thanks

6. mr_hanky

mr_hanky Regular member

There are no M3 devices for just GBA, I cannot think of any devices that are for just for GBA and use SD memory. Though there are loads of old GBA carts with flash memory.

If you copy the GBA games over using the game manager you can enable Real Time Save, you can then press a key combo in-game (can't remember the combo) to access a menu, which includes an option to quit back to the M3 menu.

As for emulators, the gamemanager 'converts' any compatible game into .gba format (it actually adds an emulator to the game) bvut this method uses old emulators and uses too much space compared to just using 1 emulator and many games, I would recommend that you find some stand-alone homebrew emulators, such as those available from http://nintendo-ds.dcemu.co.uk/

You might also want to check my M3 guide (link in sig) It was made before the Pro range was out so some of it may be irrelevent to you, but it should give you some insight on this device and there is an emulator section in it.