1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

M3 simply Vs R4 ??

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by Raegos, Nov 11, 2007.

1. Raegos

Raegos Member

Hi

I have no idea if this has been posted already,, if so my sincere appologies, any way thinking of geting a NINTENDO DS, does it have to be anyspecific one for the M3 simply or R4 to work and also do they both support 4 gb micro sd?

Please someone help looked around all day, need to buy now!

Kind regards

2. juno_567

juno_567 Regular member

they are basicly the same thing, like i think the only difference is the firmware and the r4 is a little bit cheaper, like this one site had the m3 for $42 and the r4 for $40 ha...but they both support micro sd 128mb - 4gb so you have no problem

3. mr_hanky

mr_hanky Regular member

Note that your very unlikly to find a normal 4GB microSD card. Most 4GB microSD cards are SDHC (High Capacity), SDHC cards are not compatible with the R4DS or M3 Simply.

4. dragnandy

dragnandy Regular member

yea i wish i had a 4gb micro-sd.. but yes there have been alot of cases where people bought SDHC cards that dont work with m3 or r4

5. Raegos

Raegos Member

Hi

Cheers all for your input, I think i will go with the Simply (actually just paid for it) no tuirning back now! about the micro sd is there any way to tell by looking at the card i see some on ebay .uk some say sdhc and other just say sd? I just need a bit of help on the card issue?, also is that all i need as i have 10gb of roms and not sure which homebrew to go with if there is a choice?

regards

6. mr_hanky

mr_hanky Regular member

Your best bet is just to stick with 2GB cards as they're only available as standard microSD.

7. Raegos

Raegos Member

Cheers mr hankey,

thanks for the help i think i may just do that , 1 last question , How many games can i store on the card (2gb).

Kindest regards

8. mr_hanky

mr_hanky Regular member

DS games can vary in size quite alot (anywhere from 4MB to 128MB, with even one 256MB game)

You should usually look at an average 20 games per GB, so you could probably get about 40 games on a 2GB card.

For example on my G6 DS Real 1GB card I have 19 DS games, 3 GBA games, about 10 NES&GB games, and a few homebrew games/apps. I think I have about 20MB left.

9. Raegos

Raegos Member

Hi again mr. hanky

Yes same as the PSP sort of, but i am amzed at how low file size each game is when i downloead the 10gb file full of games i was shocked at the ammount which were avaible, sound about right , I think 2GB is enuff , 20 game or near enuff will be more than suffice. I will try to get a 4 gb if not 2gb will be good enuff.

Kindest regards once again

10. juno_567

juno_567 Regular member

just a lil hint rom trimmers are your best fried :)