1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

M3 Simply with Sandisk - goes blank after loading screen

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by urthworm, Jul 18, 2007.

1. urthworm

urthworm Member

Hi,

Using the M3 Simply with a Sandisk 128mb Transflash card, the screen goes black (power is still on) following the screen that displays the "loading" text [edit to clarify: it goes to the usual DS boot screen, then a black screen with white text that reads "loading", then shortly to a black screen.]

I have tried various versions of firmware, with and without the moonshell, using fat16 and fat32 - does anyone have any advice as to what might cause this behaviour?

Thanks,
    James

2. zengjian

zengjian Regular member

try using a different transflash card as there are some that just wont work or would give you problems. if other transflash cards dont work, then you know there is something wrong with the m3 simply

3. urthworm

urthworm Member

Just in case anyone ever has a similar problem, I am just coming back to confirm that getting a different MicroSD card (in this case, a SanDisk 2gb) DID correct the problem, and everything's now fine.

4. zengjian

zengjian Regular member

congrats

5. Doctor_DS

Doctor_DS Regular member

128MB what were u thinking, that thing as big as for EBA. maybe cause the memory too small, M3 DSS didn't support it. Well 2GB is a nice choice thought, but if they ever make regular 4GB will be nice.

6. zengjian

zengjian Regular member

4 gigs is a lot for a ds though. game wise. i cant even fill up my 2 gigs with enough games that i play regularly

7. Doctor_DS

Doctor_DS Regular member

well 4GB put some songs, movie, and games in one cart will be nice. I hate try to deleted sometimes try to get all this stuff fit. I hope sandisk gonna make regular 4GB