1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

***M3 USERS: Guide to using homebrew and ROMs on the Nintendo DS and Lite***

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by mr_hanky, Jul 10, 2006.

1. scytix

scytix Member

can the m3 play all versions of game backups, like european, american, and japanese?

2. mr_hanky

mr_hanky Regular member

Yes, as the DS is region free.

3. algtz1

algtz1 Regular member

So I got my twin boys each their own DS-Lite fot their bday and bought them a couple of games. I am going to buy that all-in-one M3 combo mentioned in a previous post. My question is how do you make a back up of a bought game. So that both boys can play the same game. One using the original and one using the back up. I read the guide on how to save and load home brews and roms but didn't see anything on how to to back up an existing game. Can it be done?

4. mr_hanky

mr_hanky Regular member

Easiest thing to do is just download the backups from the internet, however if you must backup your own games you need a slot-2 M3 device (preferably the CF version) and a program called dumper.nds (easily found via google) simply run the program and follow the instructions to backup your game.

5. algtz1

algtz1 Regular member

Thanks mr. hanky. Would the program work with the m3 lite and micro SD instead of the CF. If not, I guess I'll have to search for them on the internet. Can you pm any good sites to find them or are they available in the few links I saw on previous posts? Forgive my ignorance.

6. mr_hanky

mr_hanky Regular member

The program should work on the M3 Lite, though it is much slower than the CF and can sometimes take a few attempts to work.

www.emu-wizards.com is a good site for newer games (older games will have dead links) I generally use this for the latest games.

www.dgemu.com has all the games, however it uses some point system, so i onlu useful for the odd game here and there.

My favourite would be bittorrent, although slow you can download packs of 50+ games, or if you use something such as BitComet you can choose 1 game from the pack to download.

7. felixen21

felixen21 Regular member

I'm having problems with the Beup MSN messenger. I've downloaded this (http://forum9.uwants.com/viewthread.php?tid=3671643 - the one with the beup folders included) and I've downloaded this (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=57123) and DLDI patched it. I placed the Beup folder in the root on the simply card as it said I should. I only used the folder from the first download, I didn't use the .nds, since the .nds from the second link was called a fixed one.

When I open the program on the DS it asks me to type in the IP. after doing so it automatically fills in the gateway and subnet mask. I've then tried click "use custom" and "use firmware", but nothing happens. It just says "Connecting using firmware setup:" (it says this regardless of which of the two buttons I click)

Does anyone know what to do? I'm also having problems with all other wifi homebrew stuff (such as DSHobro and DSOrganize browser), so maybe it's something I can't fix?

Last edited: Apr 28, 2007
  8. Remora

Remora Member

I figured it all out and I have a bunch of games on my M3 that work just fine. Animal Crossing, Trauma Center, Mario Kart so on and so on. But I can't get Final Fantasy III to work. When I try to load it from my M3 the screen just goes white. Also when I copied the file on to my m3 I get an error that says "Parameter is incorrect". And it erases everything on my m3 and I have to recopy everything. Does anyone have any suggestion? Thank you in advance.

9. baez

baez Guest

10. mr_hanky

mr_hanky Regular member

If your only looking to do DS things then get either the M3 DS Simply, or maybe the new CycloDS Evolution.

If you want to do both DS and GBA tasks things get more complicated (i.e. I won't bother going into detail unless I need to)

11. baez

baez Guest

hey bro,, thanks for the reply, i appreciate it.

nah, i just want to play DS roms. could you just show me which ones from the above i should buy?

many thanks!

12. 4R4

4R4 Member

Hi, everyone.

I need some help on my R4. I bought one R4,
    I put moonshell and system file and game in the micro SD,
    but my DSL only show me one page, nothing elese,
    I press start or select, it only showed me blank screen.

I would really appreciate some input from you.

PS: My DSL works fine with other games.

13. mr_hanky

mr_hanky Regular member

Can you be more clear? I can't work out what your asking.

14. 4R4

4R4 Member

mr_hanky, Thanks for your reply.

I have DSL, I bought R4 Revolution for DS(NDSL/NDS,
    I transfer the file from CD to Micro SD,
    the files I transfered were:
    _System_
    Moonshl
    _DS_Manu.DAT
    _DS_MShl.NDS

and one game file.

then I put the micro SD in the R4, put in DSL, start it up,
    it only show me:
    Top screen: R4 Revolution for DS
    Bottom scree: three picture- Happy face(yellow and pink), Music and another blue square with two eyes.

Then,I selct either one, it pop out a small screen, some chinese work, and a very small white blank.

Then, I touch the scree, it will show me blank screen, nothing else.

15. 4R4

4R4 Member

and also the top screen was turn off.

Thanks for your help

16. ziggi_83

ziggi_83 Regular member

hi guys
    I sold my ds and m3 lite and passcard
    I brought another one and i kept the sd card
    If i save all my files and folders onto my computer then format the sd card so i can flash my ds, would i be able to transfer my old games saves onto my new m3 lite and would it still load and play as normal?
    Please help me
    thanks

17. mr_hanky

mr_hanky Regular member

Yes that will work.

18. ziggi_83

ziggi_83 Regular member

kl :)
    thanks

19. SHADE187

SHADE187 Member

Can anyone help me or tell me whats wrong with my ds? it was working fine yesterday but I turned it on today and it wouldnt work so I assumed it was the battery so I charged it. The charging LED turns on but when I turn on my ds it just wont work not even the green light turns on. I tried a new charger and battery but still it wont work, the battery works fine I know because I tried it on another ds. I have been using an m3 lite for the past 3 months do you think this has something to do with it? I havent smashed, dropped, flashed or dissasembled it. So what the hell could be wrong with it? oh yeah I almost forgot it also gets extremely hot. Somebody plz help!!!

20. kcajblue

kcajblue Regular member

dude.
    there is no need for the bold. this is the wrong thread to ask this in.
    and its probably the ds thats the problem.