1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

M3E and MPE files

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by Kermyt69, Feb 3, 2010.

1. Kermyt69

Kermyt69 Member

Hopefully this is the right place to post: MPE relates to MPEG.

I have a bundle of files on my external drive that i cannot seem to play, they are both M3E (mp3) and MPE (mpeg) files. I have ran them through Gspot but it doesnt recognise them. I have tried playing them though Quicktime, WMP, VLC, WMP Classic, DIVX, ABC you get the picture.

Converting them or obtaining a codec seems to be the way to solve this problem but i cannot find anything anywhere that will help.

Your assistance is appreciated.

2. scum101

scum101 Guest

people say to rename the retarded things to either .mpeg or .mpg.. then they should play.. I have a feeling the m3e files are like m4a .. proprietary drm filled crap.

3. Kermyt69

Kermyt69 Member

DRM is what i was thinking, so in theory if i had the original computer it was stored on i could copy the rights over ????

PS: yeah i changed the filenames prior, if only. :)

4. cyprusrom

cyprusrom Active member

Upload one of those MPE/M3E files to Mediafire so I can play with a few software that I have.