1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

M8S Time

Discussion in 'Android TV boxes (Kodi, XBMC, etc)' started by Melody1, Apr 15, 2016.

1. Melody1

Melody1 Member

Is that really a toothpick??!! Wow!

2. paulie57

paulie57 Regular member

Can be a bit annoying , I left mine alone when it was set at 1970 , didn't bother me to much , the only time I needed to change was when I went to download something from google playstore and got a message could not download need to set time and date , will keep working on the issue and try to figure out how I solved it .......
    Cheers .......

3. Melody1

Melody1 Member

@paulie57

1) I'm not sure but i think that if the time is not right streaming of links in Kodi add-ons will not work properly because they won't be found at the time?? Am i right or wrong ?? If i'm wrong then the date/time issue will not bother me at all just like you;

2) i googled this problem and someone said that one should download an apk called Smart Time Sync.apk , put it on a pen drive and put it in the box - but where does one find the apk on the pen drive from the box? ;

3) my other problem is that my Google Playstore from My Add0ns doesn't open - i just get a blank white screen.
    What should i do ?.

Thanks

4. atghawkin

atghawkin Regular member

Find the apk through Google on your m8s , download it and it will be in your download folder , click on it and install

5. Melody1

Melody1 Member

But should i uninstall the original playstore app first ?

Thanks

6. atghawkin

atghawkin Regular member

If you can but if you can't access playstore then apk will be fine , same difference really !

7. paulie57

paulie57 Regular member

Melody the box worked fine as in addons updates when the time/date were out , as atghawkin says you can download the app you mention from google on your box and it will be in your download folder once downloaded
    , but first you must set your time and date to the corect settings before you download the app or you will get an error message on the box telling you cannot download as time and date are out of sync , that was the problem i had but once i put in right date and time goggle and playstore worked ok ........

atghawkin and Melody1 like this.
  8. paulie57

paulie57 Regular member

Melody1 likes this.