1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mac on a pc

Discussion in 'Mac - General discussion' started by Z_A_X, Jan 17, 2007.

1. Z_A_X

Z_A_X Regular member

instead of buying a new computer, can't i just buy osx like i would windows? then just have both of them on my hard drive by partitioning it?

2. Karma50

Karma50 Member

Not exactly.

There is a program called PearPC which is a Mac emulator for the PC but it is slow! There are ways to put some form of OS X on a PC but it is not nearly as simple as the other way around. I am actually working in Windows XP on my MacBook thanks to Apple's free Boot Camp software. But check out the OSx86 project for more information on OS X on a x86 box.

3. Z_A_X

Z_A_X Regular member

ok then because i really want to try out mac before i decide to get one and, i would like to run it now before i get my mac laptop (its going to be a while before i get one :) )

EDIT: can i do this without a DVD burner? cuz i dont have one but if i need one i can probably get one. can i split the iso so i have multiple CD's or run it of a USB drive or something?

Last edited: Jan 18, 2007
  4. tabletpc

tabletpc Guest

you do not nead pear pc just use osx86 and run os x on any pc

5. Z_A_X

Z_A_X Regular member

but in order to do this i need to burn the .iso image onto a DVD right? i cant do that cuz i dont have a DVD burner, unless your suggesting that i can do it some other way...