1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mac on a windows work group

Discussion in 'Mac - General discussion' started by davyboi, Jan 14, 2007.

1. davyboi

davyboi Member

hi, im new to macs i havnt used one for a good few years, but as am i ict technician i aquired one from work so i could get a better idea how to support them, anyway i was wondering if i could add the mac to my windows workgroup so i can share files etc, its mac os x version 10.2.4 is it possible?

cheeers

2. onya

onya Guest

I'm sorry to say, I've just disconnected my G3 powerbook(6/8mths ago), and have removed all pc connections associated with it.

Firstly, WIN2K had a "kernel" that enabled direct cable or hub connections between it and MAC's (using crossover cable) and the usual TCP/IP settings.

In WINXP, I believe they omitted this kernel, so software may be the only solution. Thursby software springs to mind, do a search on TSS TALK "DAVE".

Both machines require an ethernet adapter, configuration of the pc requires you also to ADD Appletalk protocol or client for appletalk networks. I sincerely wish I could remember more, but it's been a donkeys age since then. Good luck.

Cheers.