1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MAC or PC

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by SjRick, May 1, 2005.

1. SjRick

SjRick Member

I may be getting a new Power mac and wanted to know if anyone here likes it better then the pc for burning dvd's. I dont use my pc for video editing because of the nightmares in crashing and configuring, so i though of jumping to the Mac.

Dvd shrink has worked wonderfully for me and i have no problem with it, except for a glitch here and there. But i am thinking some other types of editing with it and was wondering is anyone likes one over the other.

Everything I hear about the Macs is great. So it may be hard to refuse getting one. Ive always been a PC guy but am tired of the unstable systems. It got to the point where i would build one for audio editing, one for dvd shrink and another for other stuff. I am wondering if Macs are more reliable doing all of this on one machine.

Anyone who has a Mac, please give me your input, thanks

2. SjRick

SjRick Member

wow, no one has a mac ? cmon there has to be a single person,,

3. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

i use pc mine is pretty stable, and i would say there are more apps for pc than mac..

4. alkohol

alkohol Regular member

PC for me...and I'm with Rotary here, mine has been shined so far.

5. arniebear

arniebear Active member

I'll stick with PC my IPOD gives me a headache.

6. squizzle

squizzle Active member

I've never used a Mac, so I can't really say anything about it. I have become pretty good at using my PC and keeping it healthy, and there are tons more apps out there for PC than Mac, so I guess I'd recommend PC.

7. orbiter5

orbiter5 Regular member

Like the other guys my choice is the PC. I have used Windows 95/98/SE & ME as my operating systems, and I spent many hours trawling through various errors.

Windows XP Pro has made my computing life a lot more stable.

8. hijacker

hijacker Guest

I like a PC as personal preference.But I also like the mac.The mac is good for design applications such as adobe and music.

9. thelox714

thelox714 Regular member

you need to get over to mac. i just got a new mac mini. and they are way more stable than the pc. i had a cheap dell crap out on me. so i switched to mac and i'm loving it. true, there are not a lot of apps you can use.. but they do have "mac the ripper" . "dvd2onex", and toast. they've just released the new faster powermacs with 16x dl burnders. thats freakin awesome. if you have any questions on those. check out http://www.macmall.com

10. squizzle

squizzle Active member

They're probably not as good as the CCE/Rebuilder combo though...

11. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

or Avi2Dvd / CCE combo

12. SjRick

SjRick Member

Man, I wish they would make a DVDShrink for the Mac. I love it on the pC, its is THE simplest program to use for copying movies. I consider it as easy to use as a toaster, because its popping a disc in and replacing it a few minutes later, the drive even pops it out for you, how simple can that be.

I took a gander at the dvd for Mac burning guide and my head started spinning.