1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mac problems

Discussion in 'Mac - General discussion' started by serpiroth, Feb 11, 2007.

1. serpiroth

serpiroth Regular member

Hey guys,
    i have been thinking of getting a mac laptop, i have been looking at them and they are deffinatly impressing me, but i have encounterd a few problems in my head, can someone give me an answer?

1) my school has macs, i have a pretty nice dell. I hate the macs OS. I seriously dispise it, are you able to install and affectively use windows on a mac?

2) If i get windows on it, is there a prob with the one mousepad button?

3) how many games do not work with a mac

4) are mac laptops really as glorious as they seem? I see the price/specs/size and they all look very good. Is there somesort of prob with them, like scracthing, breakablility, etc...

2. onya

onya Guest

No, you can't install windows on a mac,EDIT: Statement in red is incorrect. All apologies. XP can be installed apparently with MAC OS 10.4.6 or Higher. As for durability....darn good, don't use it carelessly, but very hardy.

Just in case you havn't heard, have you seen first hand how much Mac software and peripherals are? Ever asked what simple repairs may cost? Have a real good think before you buy.

For Intallation Instructions of Windows XP on Mac, visit the official machintosh website. Again my appologies.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2007
  3. thelox714

thelox714 Regular member

[bold]Statement in red is incorrect. All apologies. XP can be installed apparently with MAC OS 10.4.6 or Higher.[/bold]

--and--

[bold]1) my school has macs, i have a pretty nice dell. I hate the macs OS. I seriously dispise it, are you able to install and affectively use windows on a mac? [/bold]

Only if this is an intel mac.
    If you despise the Mac OS, then why bother getting a mac in the first place? If you are installing Windows XP on it, why not just get a PC?

[bold]2) If i get windows on it, is there a prob with the one mousepad button? [/bold]
    I haven't heard of anything like this. You can always check out forums about macs and their drivers when you install Windows XP. I know the Apple site does have discussion forums.

[bold]3) how many games do not work with a mac[/bold]
    You need to explain yourself on this one. If you are running the Windows XP on the Intel machine, you are running a pc; so as long as the game is compatible with the OS, you should have no issue.

[bold]4) are mac laptops really as glorious as they seem? I see the price/specs/size and they all look very good. Is there somesort of prob with them, like scracthing, breakablility, etc...[/bold]

The only problem with them is that people dont know how to take care of them. People don't know how to use the machines to their full potential. Sounds to me like you are extremly doubting getting the mac.

4. serpiroth

serpiroth Regular member

ya, i dont think i am getting one anytime soon. thanks for the aswers though, really apritiate it.