1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Macbook or a Macbook Pro

Discussion in 'Mac - General discussion' started by Pride1, Jul 8, 2007.

1. Pride1

Pride1 Regular member

Okay so i'm thinking of bying a new computer, i have a Dell PC wich runs on Windows XP.

Now some time after i bought my iPod i started thinking "Wow this is a really GOOD product, so what about the computers?"

NO ONE i know has a mac and it surprised me since i've done some light reading and it seems Macs are the best out there on the market, maybe its that apple hasn't had an agressive marketing strategy or something I don't know.

But anyways I'm thinking of buying a Laptop so i'd like to know from you guys wich is best the Macbook or the Macbook Pro.

Right now i'm leaning towards the MB since its smaller and THAT i like cause i'm looking for something small, i read it uses less battery than the MBP thus it has a longer battery life.

The MBP seems to be better in the speed department but i don't really know.

Now the OS seems to be much better not to mention sleek looking than Windows XP, but i haven't seen it in action, is it more stable than Windows?

So any advice on wich to get, the pros and cons of each would be very helpful.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2007
  2. Londor

Londor Guest

What are you going to do with the computer?

3. Pride1

Pride1 Regular member

Mainly College work, i'm a programming student so compiling and running programs would be the most use, i suppose there are good C++, JAVA, COBOL, ect. compilers for a Mac right?

Last edited: Jul 9, 2007
  4. Londor

Londor Guest

I'd get a MacBook Pro 2.2Ghz.

5. KillaRob

KillaRob Member

Okay first of all Mac is better hands down than windows. I bought a macbook pro 15 inch as my first mac and couldnt be happier. Yes its more stable. theres no viruses or any of that.. when you get it you can even install bootcamp which lets you run either mac osx OOR vista or xp sp2 I have it and never use windows anyways. Buying this MBP was the best decision I have ever made, and I wish I did it earlier.

6. KillaRob

KillaRob Member

Okay first of all Mac is better hands down than windows. I bought a macbook pro 15 inch as my first mac and couldnt be happier. Yes its more stable. theres no viruses or any of that.. when you get it you can even install bootcamp which lets you run either mac osx OOR vista or xp sp2 I have it and never use windows anyways. Buying this MBP was the best decision I have ever made, and I wish I did it earlier.

7. trigga71

trigga71 Regular member

yeah 15in MBP small but still has good power. I have a the new mid MB and i find when doing stuff like garage band the fans run high and battery life gos down. but other than that it runs great.

8. KillaRob

KillaRob Member

LOL wanna know the worst thing about mine.. smoetimes it gets hot in my lap.. thats it lol I LOVE IT!

9. Pride1

Pride1 Regular member

Cool cool, i'm liking what i'm reading XD, now are there good C++, JAVA, COBOL, etc compilers for the apple OS, this is very important for me

10. akaangus

akaangus Regular member

If you can afford the pro, get it. I have the iPod plastic MacBook and I love it, but the titanium finish is MUCH nicer. I have only had my MacBook since early May and it is already a scratch fest, even with the use of a neoprene case.

I think of it as having character, but if image matters to you the pro will definetly look better, the day you buy it, and for sure a year later.

11. trigga71

trigga71 Regular member

make sure to get the Apple Care plan, its well worth it

12. Domreis

Domreis Regular member

apple care fir the macbook is 150 at macmall right now!