1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Macrovision and ProVision + stabilizer

Discussion in 'Video capturing from analog sources' started by strngpork, Jun 9, 2004.

1. strngpork

strngpork Member

Hello,

I have some rare japanese tapes i want to convert to dvd. Oringinally I would get a loopback frame or a green screen when i would capture to my AIW 9800Pro. So i decided to buy the ProVision+ . Im still getting the problem. Everything is connected properly and the power is on. I am not using the SCART video, im using the straight vid(yellow jack) wire into the "in" on the provision and another vid wire from the provision to the capture card.

I am using the AIW TV tuner to capture. This works because i have successfully capture from VHS before.Im just having trouble with these particular tapes.

I also tried using Virtual Dub,Virtual Vcr, and my DV cam, but to no avail.

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

You should NEVER use the Tuner to Capture VHS tapes on your Capture Card, You should allways use the Analogue RCA/Composite Jacks or the S-Video Jack...
    On my All In Wonder card I could also Sometimes Capture VHS through the Tuner if the Tuner was on Chanell 3 But it didn"t work all of the Time, so I suspect this could be the Problem...

3. strngpork

strngpork Member

What would you suggest?? I have captured thru the TV tuner successfully before with many other tapes. Im just having problems with one particular from japan.

Virtual vcr gets the same results i get a green screen over my video.

To add insult to injury i just bought an RF modulator from radio shack.

I put the vcr output into the in of the RF switch, and the copperwire out (binc) into my capture card. I still get the same results!!!!!!!!!

all other tapes will work thru the crappy copper connection. Even worse i connected the provision stabalizer to the rf, and still nothing!!!

All other tapes work. Any suggestions???

4. Minion

Minion Senior member

Do you live in Europe or another Pal Country?? If so then it could be because Japan uses the NTSC Standard and if you live in a country that uses the Pal standard and your All In Wonder is a Pal model then that is the Problem, cuz you can capture NTSC Material with a Pal Capture Card ....This is Just a Guess Cuz i don"t know if you live in a Pal country....

5. strngpork

strngpork Member

thanks for posting.
    im in the states . NTSC.

I really dont understand why its not working. The tape is also NTSC from japan. Ive tried the two prefered methods for rf modulator, and a provision. I have no problem with any other tape (us).

Macro hacks do not work on my AIW 9800 pro, at least not yet.

What software do you recomend? The free stuff like Virtual dub, and virtual vcr, also dont work.

Ive also tried thru my DV cam, but i stil get a "copy inhibit" error.

My last choice is to buy an ancient vcr(probably mono), and hope there is no macro on it or just set up a tripod and record my tv with my dv cam

Last edited: Jun 11, 2004