1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Macrovision Descrambler

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by mmalyszko, Jan 24, 2005.

1. mmalyszko

mmalyszko Regular member

Hi everbody,
    Im interested in transfering dvd's to vcr's but I want to bypass the scrambling sygnal, my uncle said he put one together in Poland from pieces that he bought illegally, but its hard to find them in regular stores, I guess because its illegal. Anyway does anyone own one or where can i buy one or order one and for how much or do they even exist anymore. I heard the stupid MPAA is cracking down on MEDIATEK and another company for selling the descrambling chips. Dont you just wish the MPAA just went to HE**

2. lamson1

lamson1 Member

3. lamson1

lamson1 Member

4. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

you might want to check this out -google for Clarifier ist a box that does what you are looking for . Havent tried it myself as I am getting away from vhs and more into the dvd thing! no tape stretch ,no tapes getting eaten by the vcr ,no appeciable wear & tear on your movies ect. At the same time I recognize that not everyone is me and not everyone likes the same things so whatever works for you my friend ! hope you find what you are looking for. peace

5. mmalyszko

mmalyszko Regular member

im not into vhs anymore but sometimes you got no alternative, and i also do have a dvd burner so i do burn movies to dvd's
    its also useful if you have a dvd player and a dvd recorder connected together to your pc, and that way you can copy the movies without the signal being scrambled, so see there is a use for them
    anyways thank you for the links

6. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

No Problem glad to help if I did anyways . Vhs can come in handy as you can often find really good movies very inexpensive at drugstores and places like biglots ect . Then if you have a DVD Recorder - stand alone / set top type you can hook up your vhs to your DVD recoder and it's showtime! Then you have your movie on dvd ( movie only ) but hey it won't wear out anymore given a minimum of care . And you can give your tapes away to friends or family to share the love. I do this and keep my brother-in-law in movies/vhs and hey he's happy as a clam.I know I am contradicting my last post sorry bout that ! I meant to show in the last post that going dvd over VHS has several advantages -previously stated! one you already know about is that dvd media is cheaper than vhs blank tape, well hope you enjoy your burner & your movies good luck -good burning - good day & peace

Last edited: Jan 27, 2005